Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Global Castle feedback

Everyone should just boycott the castle if you no one likes it and it serves no purpose but to aggravate people due to the lag.
Sounds like a good idea, boycotts always work! :lol:
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Everyone should just boycott the castle if you no one likes it and it serves no purpose but to aggravate people due to the lag.
They do if you get enough people boycotting.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

They do if you get enough people boycotting.
Sometimes, but that rarely happens.

It really doesn't make sense in this scenario...avoiding the castle will only hurt you as a player by not being able to do your bounties, or interact with the bank/auction house. Most boycotts are done with the intention of convincing a company to change something...but in this case, VR doesn't really care if you use the castle or not, players are free to play the game however they want....it's not boycotting to simply avoid an area in a game, that's just player choice.

Not that I'm saying don't do it! If half the players stop entering the castle, the lag should (theoretically) drop tremendously for the players who still use it, so it's kind of a win win!
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

I really like the idea of worldwide interaction, but not another dueling area. It has lots of kinks to work out but confident it will be fixed.

Would love it if worldwide banking and auction house was incorporated. That would really open up the economy!

Thanks.
Brie 228 Warrior
Flynt 228 Ranger
Sneakie 200 Rogue
Brid 223 Mage

Divergent: developing a new direction.

MMORPG = massively multiplayer online role playing game

This genre is meant to be massively multiplayer orientated.
I think a global central area is a must. Arena was awesome, but it’s not a central hub and frankly no one goes there to just chill and “castle camp.” No real socialization occurs there.
The same would happen in the tavern.

The goal of the global area how I see it anyways should be to bring people from all servers together in a common area for dueling, chats, socializing in general, and to give our small and sometimes quiet castles a larger true MMO feel.
Outside of beta, the forums, and arena we don’t really have an opportunity to “play with” those on other servers.
Thus I think the castle should be the designated global central hub.

HOWEVER
I think this was rushed into. There are some large UI changes that I feel are still needed.
1) separate chat filter for global area for server only chat. Have this for arena too for server wide strategizing ;) will also clean up all of the buy sell spam in global area - should function as a shout, full whole area
2) 2 area tabs, one for your server, and then a global tab to make accessing your server members easier
3) optimization for auction house, bounties, and other quests to eliminate lag and make what keeps the castle the central hub functioning as intended.
4) make glads instant spawn or move to another area.
5) *hide toon* option. Only be visible in server member list, toon and name not visible in global list or area.

I feel with these UI changes the full benefits of a global central hub can be realized and the negatives brought up in this thread either reduced to point of being outweighed by the benefits or altogether removed.
However, until these changes can be made I feel the global castle should be disabled. It’s too hectic and not functional right now without these UI features in my opinion.
I believe that this conveys most of the overall intention. +1
1-3) Necessities (add dueling to 3 as that was part of the point) :D
4) I support move outside more, but drastically shortening spawn times could do it too (<1 min lol)
5) interesting idea, that I think I'd like, but I feel like the implementation would have some drawbacks...

Pegasus Lugh Signature & Profile artwork by Angmar Reid
Mindreader ♥ Lethal Ninja (Doge Dandolo/Photon/Shazaam/Staboteur)
AH Dupe Glitch, Community Discord, Database, Bitey's Guide

Support isn't on forums; email issues to support@onethumbmobile.com

no point in global castle when the purpose is to make new players think the game is more active than it is so they stay but instead it crashes new players so they dont want to play
That’s what bug fixes are for. A lot of people should have the newer generation of iPhones anyways.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

no point in global castle when the purpose is to make new players think the game is more active than it is so they stay but instead it crashes new players so they dont want to play
That’s what bug fixes are for. A lot of people should have the newer generation of iPhones anyways.
Game should be playable on IPhone 6 and up, with max graphics being available on the newer devices.
Even on my iPhone 6 (second device) playing on a hotspot I’m able to run full graphics, so idk what the issues most are having.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

Sure the intention behind joint Castle was good, but it was not the right place. As long as the only intended interaction is talking, looking at equipped gear and PvP fighting, it would be great to have a Whole separate zone for this, a completely new Twilights zone, where Inventory is unavailable and consumables may not be used. No quests, no auction house, no other business that may interfere with or be interfered by the cross server voluntary contact between players. The zone should be devided so it is possible to have chats that are not disturbed by duel Challenges etc.
Lugh - clan Ancients
Derken - Warrior (general)
Pointy - Rogue
Glob - Ranger
IsleOfLamp - Mage
Herculager - Warrior
Kefse - Druid

Sure the intention behind joint Castle was good, but it was not the right place. As long as the only intended interaction is talking, looking at equipped gear and PvP fighting, it would be great to have a Whole separate zone for this, a completely new Twilights zone, where Inventory is unavailable and consumables may not be used. No quests, no auction house, no other business that may interfere with or be interfered by the cross server voluntary contact between players. The zone should be devided so it is possible to have chats that are not disturbed by duel Challenges etc.
This is an excellent idea. Not to be rude or judgemental, but I'm not sure if the group VR was left with has all they need to create a totally new area. Maybe they do, but so far they have used areas already created by the former team. If that's the case, and if they are hell bent on making a global area, they may have to use one that already exists though.

Since the physical layout of the castle has an area designed as an auction room (with an auctioneer, benches, etc) and a bank area that looks like a bank, it wouldn't make the game as professional looking to just stick a copy of the auctioneer and of the banker out in a field. It makes more sense to relocate the global area.

To me the tavern is the most logical social area. That's what taverns are, plus the other part of the global appeal is supposed to be PvP and they already implemented bar fighting there. They could extend or even move the PvP part to the fenced area out in front of the tavern if they need more room. They could put a door separating the kitchen from the tavern, and make the kitchen its own room so the global chaos stays out. There might even be a way they could chop the kitchen off of the tavern and attach it to some spot in the quieter part of the castle. That would make getting ingredients easier too.

The idea, though, that cooking is such a special thing that we can't be disturbed by the chaos of a global area, but everyone in the castle doing things can be is nothing more than self-serving. (I say that as a cook btw). No one wants that degree of craziness anywhere while they are trying to do other things. The tavern should be the global area. Us cooks just need some way to be uneffected by it.

I know many of us have wondered if having a global area is a first step in checking out/working toward possible global trading, auctions etc and VR is wise enough not to share that with us yet. If so, the insistence to push us to the castle makes some sense. Another way to look at it though, is that trades could be negotiated over a beer in the tavern just as easily, and the auction system doesn't need us to all have our toons in the same spot in order to make the items listed a global list. All servers have the same auction area and system. We could all be in our own calm cozy castles reading an auction list of all the weapons or jewelry for sale in the entire game rather than just that for sale on our own server. There is a way to make the basics of this work if VR backs up a little and looks at whatever it is they actually want to accomplish, and is willing to be open to other ways to accomplish it.