Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Content Creators in Small games

We’ve worked with streamers/content creators before in niche areas (both had around 200k subs on YouTube) and found that the benefits were very very short lived, boost in new players for a couple of days which quickly dropped with little retention. Now that may be different for a super big name but I doubt it without sustained coverage.
I don't know which streamers you approached, I can see how retention may be low if the streamer doesn't really enjoy the game and just plays for the money/reward the game company gives. I think Apex Legends and Blackout had the same issue on a much bigger scale.

I think Runescape and Wow players would have the best retention of all the games, since they are the most similar to CH in both playstyle and grind time for top tier loot.
UltimateIronman - Level 50 Morrigan

Youtube Series here

boost in new players for a couple of days which quickly dropped with little retention.
Maybe this is where VR should be focusing. Obviously the game is good enough to get people in, so why is there so little retention. Lack of substantial early to mid game content once the tutorial is finished. Maybe adding alternative Armour quests so that not everyone is stuck at the bottleneck of Frozen and DL Armour. New mid game bosses that drop gear that players can actually use for more than 25 levels and that they can actually attain before they’re 30 levels over the equip level.

More actual in game content can solve so much
It’s more to do with the fact that typically a streamers audience only remains interested in what that streamer is currently doing and tend to follow them to the next thing. As mentioned below Apex Legends is a great recent example of this.
I'm not a shortcut to support, don't expect a reply to PMs asking about support issues.

I'd actually say it's the other way around, lack of mid-endgame content. Early game actually has a pretty good selection of content, but once you get to 110+ in the otherworld, you start to run out of things to do, and the level grind starts. That's why there usually seems to be a pretty good selection of <100 players throughout the game, but not many getting past that to go on to endgame. It also has to do with this being a mobile game, that requires huge amounts of time dedicated to progressing past midgame. I don't really have a problem with it (in theory) but a lot of people just starting the game may want something more casual....once it starts getting more hardcore, they move on to something more interesting then hours of lixing.

I don't think more bosses is the answer though. It's usually pretty hard to assemble a good bossing group at midgame levels. IMO the game should focus more on horizontal content that can be done solo...more like cooking and fishing. More bosses don't really count as horizontal content...all it does is bring in more loot choices for the top players on the server.
Point was that the players dont stick around long enough to get to endgame so while more endgame content would always be great, it wouldn't solve the early retention issue.

At a certain point it turns into a grinding lix and camp fest. Having to wait hours, if not days/weeks (extreme cases years) to have a chance to update quest gear (frozen armour, dl weapons) is kind of ridiculous. That's why more early to midgame content is needed.

By midgame I mean anything under 215.
Michael Artisan - Warrior, Blake Artisan - Rogue, Ren Artisan - Ranger, Gabriel Artisan - Mage, Yaray (until VR let's me add Artisan to the name) - Druid

Guardian Deity of Danu

Buying White Lanrik Pants on Danu!!!!

boost in new players for a couple of days which quickly dropped with little retention.
Maybe this is where VR should be focusing. Obviously the game is good enough to get people in, so why is there so little retention. Lack of substantial early to mid game content once the tutorial is finished. Maybe adding alternative Armour quests so that not everyone is stuck at the bottleneck of Frozen and DL Armour. New mid game bosses that drop gear that players can actually use for more than 25 levels and that they can actually attain before they’re 30 levels over the equip level.

More actual in game content can solve so much
It’s more to do with the fact that typically a streamers audience only remains interested in what that streamer is currently doing and tend to follow them to the next thing. As mentioned below Apex Legends is a great recent example of this.
Even streamers aside I've known people who loved the game at the start then hit around 120-150 and lost interest since it became all grind
Michael Artisan - Warrior, Blake Artisan - Rogue, Ren Artisan - Ranger, Gabriel Artisan - Mage, Yaray (until VR let's me add Artisan to the name) - Druid

Guardian Deity of Danu

Buying White Lanrik Pants on Danu!!!!

We’ve worked with streamers/content creators before in niche areas (both had around 200k subs on YouTube) and found that the benefits were very very short lived, boost in new players for a couple of days which quickly dropped with little retention. Now that may be different for a super big name but I doubt it without sustained coverage.
I feel like the decrease comes from the style of this game, especially stuff like regens and movement speed can be a hassle for the newer players and its not always gold that resolves these issues, going off topic but if i was new to the game adding regen areas around leystones and or temporary speed boost when you stand around one would be amazing, surely something more than just the tavern.
Ascension

227+ Rogue
221+ Mage
200+ Warrior
220+ Mage
200 Rogue
210+ Druid

Perma banned from ch friends band for spamming no u ft. Rogue81 & W7CH

Rogue BT Kill 09/20/2019

39th Full Doch, 14th Rogue - Danu

I think a guild hall in castle would be pretty dope too.
Avid Merchanteer
Dawn Leader, Ex Resurgence Leader
Torne: 222 Rogue
Gloku: 220 Warrior
Vegito: ranger that will make you cry mama
Elderr: fire mage