Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

All you complaining about chests

Yes, we all have thought to ourselves what a waste of money it was after opening 100 chests. But outside of Celtic heroes, governments are probably going to ban 'loot boxes' (our Chests) in the next few years, or so many people speculate, so make the most of them while you still have them instead of complaining. Although +1 for CH to disclose the actual individual item drop rates- a legal issue previously brought up..
JDDT lvl 216 ranger
Rogue10 lvl 100+ rogue

----------
Epona
----------

Evil Clowns are always laughing, haha.

Re: All you complaining about chests

I doubt they’ll be banned (atleast in the US), it’s how free MMOs usually make their money.. it’ll be a huge blow to the market. Plus lootboxes are pretty much out of the spotlight now that the whole Star Wars battlefront 2 controversy is a thing in the past
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

I doubt they’ll be banned (atleast in the US), it’s how free MMOs usually make their money.. it’ll be a huge blow to the market. Plus lootboxes are pretty much out of the spotlight now that the whole Star Wars battlefront 2 controversy is a thing in the past
Government regulations only needed when market itself is unable to correct due to how entrenched the issue is, for example a monopoly.
Star Wars battlefront 2 clearly shows loot boxes are despised by most and games with them as a means for acquiring content don’t typically do as well as those that acquire their revenue from other sources.
I have the same doubt that loot boxes will be banned anytime soon, there isn’t any public pressure anymore.

In terms of CH, I’d rather see chests remain but items in the chests be able to be purchased at reasonable prices. Make chests cheaper plat wise and the items available outside. Some will always want to gamble, but don’t make your players forced to gamble. This is my personal take anyways.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

Government regulations only needed when market itself is unable to correct due to how entrenched the issue is, for example a monopoly.
Star Wars battlefront 2 clearly shows loot boxes are despised by most and games with them as a means for acquiring content don’t typically do as well as those that acquire their revenue from other sources.
I have the same doubt that loot boxes will be banned anytime soon, there isn’t any public pressure anymore.

In terms of CH, I’d rather see chests remain but items in the chests be able to be purchased at reasonable prices. Make chests cheaper plat wise and the items available outside. Some will always want to gamble, but don’t make your players forced to gamble. This is my personal take anyways.
Completely agree, but this is the point, if we are forced to gamble then we are also forced to pay money to CH for all the things we gamble for, UK has seen some interest in at least restricting loot boxes also, but just a thought.
JDDT lvl 216 ranger
Rogue10 lvl 100+ rogue

----------
Epona
----------

Evil Clowns are always laughing, haha.