Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: How important is the celtic mythologie aspect, ? for VR.

Most things I can kinda see fitting even up to the otherworld, the tower and CG meh.
Same for most of the fashions lol and gear (tigers aren't exactly celtic are they?)

Pegasus Lugh Signature & Profile artwork by Angmar Reid
Mindreader ♥ Lethal Ninja (Doge Dandolo/Photon/Shazaam/Staboteur)
AH Dupe Glitch, Community Discord, Database, Bitey's Guide

Support isn't on forums; email issues to support@onethumbmobile.com

Most of it was based off of Celtic mythology leading up to the OW. Once the OW hit things started to slip away from the mythology part, although there were some things that were inspired like the kelpies. It got better in the DragonFire expansion but then went completely down hill from there. Idk what the tower and cg have to do with Celtic mythology. Atleast Crom is still relevant as far as the lore of the game goes, can’t wait to fight him.

Tbh as long as the content is good and VR doesn’t make it seem like just another eastern MMO, then it doesn’t really matter. Cg was a fairly well designed expansion, much better than the tower with cookie cutter floors, annoying copy and pasted mobs on each floor, and poor design choices like edl (it’s just a shiny upgraded version of dl) and dg (which should have gotten a much more in depth questline other than simply slapping items onto the raids making them just another armor boss to kill).

Edl doesn’t even make sense tbh... I thought dragonlord armor was made with the intention of fighting dragons... not a crazy insane wizard that sits on a tower all day.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

Fashion aside (and when does mmo fash ever stay 100% thematic if we are being honest, there are always some stretches), I think the overall story has stayed true. From what I’ve read up in my spare time it all seems to be fairly accurate. Stretched yes, but considering there are multiple retellings of different aspects of the mythology I don’t see that as unreasonable to average them all and stretch to make work for an mmo story.

I’m still waiting for the final boss to be crom :3
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

Celtic mythos is a gold mine of lore that the game isn't using to its full potential. I understand the whole "I don't want to read" millennial thing, but for some players out there (me, hello!) lore and story matter. For me, the story and lore just kinda dropped out when I got to Otherworld. When I first started back in the day, I always imagined Otherworld be like Valhalla or something; instead, it's just some fantasy stuff and pretty generic at that. Oh, well. I still play this game regardless.

Just hire me as a writer.
4d4p7→0u7w17→5urv1v3→r3p347

Celtic mythos is a gold mine of lore that the game isn't using to its full potential. I understand the whole "I don't want to read" millennial thing, but for some players out there (me, hello!) lore and story matter. For me, the story and lore just kinda dropped out when I got to Otherworld. When I first started back in the day, I always imagined Otherworld be like Valhalla or something; instead, it's just some fantasy stuff and pretty generic at that. Oh, well. I still play this game regardless.

Just hire me as a writer. I saw that. :)
Yes I have to say what initially interested me about this game was the epic story I made in my head using the lirs reach threads. Some master genius launching assaults on all fronts, the knights of clan maclir falling ill unable to defend the borders or help their fellow macroins in another even bigger invasion than ever anticipated. At the center of it all a dark force, the blackstone cabal pulling the strings, but their master remains unseen even by the powerful seer mirain. Having the stone circle with the wardens in the middle of lirs reach made it even cooler for me as I couldn't wait to wield their weapons and finally have a good set of armour. These watchers from the otherworld, ah yes maybe you will go there one day. I do like how they reused mirain and not just ignored her.

I actually don't mind the otherworld, it's different but I thought the eyes were cool, and there's a bid bad dragon, what more could you want. I do wish there was more of a story, but that's in every zone but SV and OW is where I see the biggest drop off.