Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Game Dying?

Recently with the addition of the auction house I've actually been seeing a lot more people...with these horizontal changes it brings more and more people back. I really hope no more vertical content is planned.
That's only because the auction house is new and people wanna try it out. It's just a better way to buy/sell, nothing more. What really gets people coming back is content like fishing, which is why I think crafting should be the next "game changing" thing to happen now that we got the AH. AH and crafting go so well together because the AH is a great tool to use to obtain crafting items from other players. I remember playing OaC for the first time and I did nothing but farm crafting material which I then put into the AH and made tons of money, it was both enjoyable and profitable
Level 210+ Warrior, Lugh

-You know a world transfer is legit when it is posted on the forums-
BOYMCLIR: AUTOPLAY HEROES, REVENGE OF BOB THE GOD

Recently with the addition of the auction house I've actually been seeing a lot more people...with these horizontal changes it brings more and more people back. I really hope no more vertical content is planned.
That's only because the auction house is new and people wanna try it out. It's just a better way to buy/sell, nothing more. What really gets people coming back is content like fishing, which is why I think crafting should be the next "game changing" thing to happen now that we got the AH. AH and crafting go so well together because the AH is a great tool to use to obtain crafting items from other players. I remember playing OaC for the first time and I did nothing but farm crafting material which I then put into the AH and made tons of money, it was both enjoyable and profitable
Doubt it. With ah comes the ability to sell ur items even while ur offline. Part of the reason people didn't log before was because they didn't wanna spam to sell things, or that they were bored with nothing to do in game. With auction house these people can sell things while being offline, and log in a couple times throughout the day to collect their gold. On top of that they'll start becoming more and more active and start attending bosses raids etc.
All chicken we're created equal
U disrespect chicken I disrespect u

Lightchamp
- chieftain of lazy drunks
- 223 Dg ranger

._.

I also remember crafting on OaC. All my toons were max level in their crafting. And it was quite a job. Lots of farming....tons of farming. Yes, I did make some good gold selling mats on the AH. But the farming....

I do not want crafting in this game. We do enough grinding just to level. I don't want to add farming to my plate as well. And I don't want to spend my hard-earned gold on buying mats from the AH.

I would like to see some actual dungeons. Don't take away the open-world bosses, just add others that are in instances that can be accessed whenever you'd like. It would be nice to be able to attend a boss fight that didn't begin with a lock battle.

I am incredibly thankful that this game exists, as I owe it a lot in terms of lessons I have learned, hours of distraction when I need it, and friends I have made. Discussing whether your half full/half empty glass is going to break in the near future is very pessimistic and probably hurtful/annoying to otm. We got an update with things we've been asking for, so focus on that instead of debating over whether it will get taken away. This thread honestly seems better suited for the rant forum.
Liv Arronheln 215
Chieftain of DragonSouls
Arawn
”One day, you will be old enough to start reading fairytales again.”

Im sure its been said but:

The end game players dont care about changing your looks or pets or mounts or even the ah. All that stuff is for the new guys. The old faithful players still want what weve always wanted, content. We want more raids, harder raids. That doesnt mean make t so we need 40 freaking ppl it means we want to have to use new tacktics. Smash and grab is so played out in ch, as is tank the adds AND the boss and no worries.
Imo the last two updates/events were the wost ever. No new lux, no event bosses or jewlery, nothing that drives the masses to play, just novelty stuff we bore of in a week. So lets look at it all; 1. The fashion tokens ruined the fashion market. Not only can we go back and buy the old stuff so new rares dont exsist but rare tokens are plentiful. Not to mention otm still has the person with the worst tastes design the fashion. 2.No new lux/event gear means we have to use the same tired items. The majority of ppl are STILL using skain and garanak sets, thats sad. Why is the best stuff level 190-200 req but the soft level cap is 220? Give us updated gear already! 3. Mount/pet token system is a joke. The best mount/pets are no where near worth the time or the gold/plat spent to get them. The bonuses they add are of ring quality at best and otm wants us to shell out hundreds of tokens? 4. Legacy lux trader. Worst idea ever. Not only does it make rares available again, it doesnt refresh until someone wasts millionsof gold on crap they will never use, just so more crap no one will use becomes available. Make the damn thing auto refresh. Wont help the rares market but at least it wont be wasted programming. 5. Legacy bosses. See complaint number 4.
Common otm. We will stick by you, god knows weve stuck by you in worse, but please do something worthwhile next update, something besides making mordy fly, (that was badass btw).
Airrius 225 tank
TheGreenMan 216 druid
Balgair 221 rogue
Velocity 200 rogue
Iolo 225 ranger
Alistar 215 mage
Divym 223 mage

^ idk about u but I'm all about looks and ah!
All chicken we're created equal
U disrespect chicken I disrespect u

Lightchamp
- chieftain of lazy drunks
- 223 Dg ranger

._.

What I believe I got from this thread is, that yes, the players chunk has reduced largely from 2014, so it might be a good time to revamp it.

Yes, this game needs huge improvements, there may be fishing or auction house but it is still not enough we need much more vertical content. I have been playing less ever since I changed from IOS to Android and now I am on hiatus until more content comes out such as the IOS and Android crossover, so I can play my IOS account on my Android phone, as well as adding crafting in a way that does not add to the massive grind. So get your act together OTM, pay attention to what the players want and work on it! "The customers are always right" has some truth to it.
~I'mdead~

Im sure its been said but:

The end game players dont care about changing your looks or pets or mounts or even the ah. All that stuff is for the new guys. The old faithful players still want what weve always wanted, content. We want more raids, harder raids. That doesnt mean make t so we need 40 freaking ppl it means we want to have to use new tacktics. Smash and grab is so played out in ch, as is tank the adds AND the boss and no worries.
Imo the last two updates/events were the wost ever. No new lux, no event bosses or jewlery, nothing that drives the masses to play, just novelty stuff we bore of in a week. So lets look at it all; 1. The fashion tokens ruined the fashion market. Not only can we go back and buy the old stuff so new rares dont exsist but rare tokens are plentiful. Not to mention otm still has the person with the worst tastes design the fashion. 2.No new lux/event gear means we have to use the same tired items. The majority of ppl are STILL using skain and garanak sets, thats sad. Why is the best stuff level 190-200 req but the soft level cap is 220? Give us updated gear already! 3. Mount/pet token system is a joke. The best mount/pets are no where near worth the time or the gold/plat spent to get them. The bonuses they add are of ring quality at best and otm wants us to shell out hundreds of tokens? 4. Legacy lux trader. Worst idea ever. Not only does it make rares available again, it doesnt refresh until someone wasts millionsof gold on crap they will never use, just so more crap no one will use becomes available. Make the damn thing auto refresh. Wont help the rares market but at least it wont be wasted programming. 5. Legacy bosses. See complaint number 4.
Common otm. We will stick by you, god knows weve stuck by you in worse, but please do something worthwhile next update, something besides making mordy fly, (that was badass btw).
This. All of this.
~Death Dealer~
Level 225 Ranger
Clan Concordiia
Donn Server

Yes, this game needs huge improvements, there may be fishing or auction house but it is still not enough we need much more vertical content. I have been playing less ever since I changed from IOS to Android and now I am on hiatus until more content comes out such as the IOS and Android crossover, so I can play my IOS account on my Android phone, as well as adding crafting in a way that does not add to the massive grind. So get your act together OTM, pay attention to what the players want and work on it! "The customers are always right" has some truth to it.
Crafting is always a massive grind in all games, not just MMOs, single player RPGs like Skyrim as well. Lots of grinding is something you should expect in a good MMO, because if there's no grind than you'll find yourself playing a linear game which is boring imo. Yea the grind may be annoying but at the same time we all love it deep down which is why we find ourselves coming back over and over again.

In fact I believe that this game doesn't have enough grind. We are always stuck with the main ones which are leveling, bossing, fishing, and sometimes gold farming (which I rarely see happen). That's hardly anything and we need more. Crafting would be a great start, as well as giving mobs a chance to drop rare unique loot that is worth grinding (almost like rift skull braces but should obviously be better cause 95% of the ones that drop are trash).
Level 210+ Warrior, Lugh

-You know a world transfer is legit when it is posted on the forums-
BOYMCLIR: AUTOPLAY HEROES, REVENGE OF BOB THE GOD