Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Gelebron spawn time

Honestly I would say that the longer spawn windows give dominant clans a larger margin of error. For instance, like I said before, sometimes my clan will come to a boss with a group of 5 or so people exactly on time and then a minute or two later, the bigger clan will start to show up in droves. If the boss had spawned when it was exactly due, we could have gotten because we were precise and had the timer down pat. However, because of the way things are, the other clan can get when they have a ton of their people show up.
A reason the top clan is the top clan on server comes with better dps and more people.

So if you both have your best dps there at the same time either way you won't win because their Dps is better and will continue to make the gap in dps quality bigger as they get more bosses. But most clans have a active and inactive periods throughout the day so maybe the top and lesser clans active times are different. So when a raid spawns In a lesser clan is more active, they have a higher probability of winning as they can more people to log where as at times in the inactive period of the day even top clans can get 3-4 people max on.
You missed my point. If the boss spawned a few minutes before(when it was first due and when the dominant clan was not there yet), the less dominant clan would have because obviously a few minutes is enough time to lock it.

Just fyi, I personally am not talking about gelebron. As you can tell by my level I have had no experience with Gelebron. I'm just talking about spawn windows in general, and in general in my experience as a member of a lesser clan, longer spawn windows are not beneficial to us.
I understand what you're saying. The 10 minute spawn window on dl bosses (especially snorri) are very annoying. Sometimes we will have the timers when the rival clan doesn't and we will show up when the window opens, sometimes 5 minutes before so we have more time to prep and get people to show. Sometimes the rival clan will randomly send someone to check snorri or log a camper and when they see us standing there waiting, they immediately bring more firepower. It's an issue because snorri never spawns on time, it's usually 5 min or more after it's due so the rival clan has enough time to bring more people and log almost all of their snorri campers.

I suggest that dl and edl specifically have their windows removed, also frozen. Raid bosses I would rather keep as a more random spawn simply because raids are much more difficult for smaller clans than quest bosses
Level 210+ Warrior, Lugh

-You know a world transfer is legit when it is posted on the forums-
BOYMCLIR: AUTOPLAY HEROES, REVENGE OF BOB THE GOD

[/quote]I suggest that dl and edl specifically have their windows removed, also frozen. Raid bosses I would rather keep as a more random spawn simply because raids are much more difficult for smaller clans than quest bosses[/quote]

Totally agree that raid bosses should be as they but I would suggest going even further with quest bosses by either removing them and having weekly/monthly bounties that give a quest drop or keeping them and also introducing a quest drop bounty. After all wasn't it the questing at the early stages of the game that got us all hooked and overall CH is a great and very addictive game but shouldn't people who have busy lives or maybe aren't in a dominant clan still have a route to complete quests other than only logging on a few times a day to kill a certain boss or two and hope for a drop.
The game does seem to heavily favour people with an abundance of time eg students and the unemployed and as a business surely this is not the best target audience. I am in no way suggesting that people shouldn't have to work for their drops only that there should be a reasonable time frame and chance of completing quests.
Characters (In order of creation)

Nigel-rogue
Gettafix-druid
MaidMarrion-ranger
BrianBlessed-warrior
NoelEdmonds-mage

They should just make them spawn in each other's spots at random and all at the same time every hour and 45 min if they have been down at least half an hour. Then you don't know where to go and even a large clan couldn't camp all boss spawns (xdl and edl) with full groups.

You would probably try to gang up on the smaller clans, but people could move around and once a boss was locked, they could move to the next one or two and lock it. 5+ armor bosses all spawning at the same time in random spots would Maximize the difficulty in camping them all.

No window set time each with a different timer is what lets a single clan dominate them all.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

They increased the drop rate for "Pureness" Gelebrons
Not the only boss capable of dropping them. Proteus Base & Prime drop them frequently too.

I think they already addressed this.
Given that Gelebron requires 35+ people to kill him it would be unreasonable to shorten the window I don't
Fully understand the logic that shorter windows would mean you can plan it better.
With these new raid windows we are already seemingly camping something all the time there never seems to be much break don't you think it would be too much to add an additional boss to that list? ☹️
We have killed prot 15 times in a row now without a single pureness...
Peuleschiltje - level 226 rogue - Chieftain of InnerCircle Rhiannon