Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: An Insight on Class Inequality: Rangers vs. Rogues

I have never felt a difference with entangle, especially on raid fights as it seems the autos' pace stays the same. It's like raid bosses have no speed cap and they swing their firsts, weapon, legs faster than anything in the game.

Even whilst leveling, I have not felt a big difference with entangle and it is not worth the points invested in it as I could invest them in other more noteworthy skills. Entangle needs a major revamp and not just to make it less evadable but to add a whole new twist to it or it will just stay dusty in my inventory for the rest of my CH career.
Druid Guide - Role, Build, Stats and Gear
Rogue Guide - Role, Build, Stats and Gear
Dual-Device Guide - For The Hardcore Players
Dragonlord Armour Revamp - Compilation Thread

Entangle doesn't change animation speed whatsoever. It just cuts the attack speed in ½ of the mob entangled. This is especially useful if short on druids or if you're a spear ranger. It may seem it has no effect but has been proven to work. Entangle plus lightheal makes a spear Ranger awesome

Regarding evasion, it's labeled as movement attack evasion. I think it should be changed to weakening attack evasion as its a debuff rather than a movement skill like bolas or roots. Movement evasion is high on raid bosses to make ss evade way more often and so people just don't root kill mordris or whomever they want. Anyone could rootkill mordris with enough Rangers and druids if they really wanted.

Entangle doesn't change animation speed whatsoever. It just cuts the attack speed in ½ of the mob entangled. This is especially useful if short on druids or if you're a spear ranger. It may seem it has no effect but has been proven to work. Entangle plus lightheal makes a spear Ranger awesome
I beg to differ. For the cast time, reload time, and lasting time, as well as the amount of points invested into it to make it effective at high-end status, it can't be considered useful.

Practical? Maybe. Last Resort? Maybe.

If you don't have the right amount of druids to sustain a tank, then you are not prepared for the fight and should not proceed. As Immortalius' tank guide portrays well: "if the tank's HP drops below half, you're screwed"

(I may have altered the last word :mrgreen: )

I beg to differ. For the cast time, reload time, and lasting time, as well as the amount of points invested into it to make it effective at high-end status, it can't be considered useful.

Practical? Maybe. Last Resort? Maybe.

If you don't have the right amount of druids to sustain a tank, then you are not prepared for the fight and should not proceed. As Immortalius' tank guide portrays well: "if the tank's HP drops below half, you're screwed"

(I may have altered the last word :mrgreen: )
I agree bringing the proper people to a raid is essential. Sometimes misfortune happens such as a Druid falling into a wall glitch upon reviving or accidentally hitting ley when trying to heal right after a troll pulled by a griefing party kills them with an Aoe and you're short a Druid. 1 Druid healing 2.5k makes a huge difference. We don't rely on entangle hit it gives the druids a slight ease for a while

Honestly, Rangers are the cheapest class to level and will be (imo) very useful after the idol nerf. Although let us wait and see.
That's a generic statement that could be said of any class with the right luxury items and build. I see a bountiful of rangers on my world stuck at lvl 130-150 range because they find it extremely difficult to continue soloing with just a super knowledge elixir and a haste.

Rangers may seem like a cheap class to level, but it has it's ups and downs. In my opinion it's easy at low levels, hard at mid levels and gradually becomes easier as you hit 190.

Honestly, Rangers are the cheapest class to level and will be (imo) very useful after the idol nerf. Although let us wait and see.
That's a generic statement that could be said of any class with the right luxury items and build. I see a bountiful of rangers on my world stuck at lvl 130-150 range because they find it extremely difficult to continue soloing with just a super knowledge elixir and a haste.

Rangers may seem like a cheap class to level, but it has it's ups and downs. In my opinion it's easy at low levels, hard at mid levels and gradually becomes easier as you hit 190.
Ofcourse my statement has it's fair share of bias as I've only really played a rogue and not even to an endgame level. This was just my opinion on the matter.
I am a Moderator Need any help? Private message me here or send me a mail in-game, Liviticus on every world.

They don't have paperthin armor but they can heal. Sure it may take more sk to lvl and time but at the same time you don't waste restos with lightheal and bolas. I used over 4000 resto lvling a mage to 190... Not fun. Started lvling with a ranger at 175 and the amount of restos i used per lix was 75% less

Regarding evasion, it's labeled as movement attack evasion. I think it should be changed to weakening attack evasion as its a debuff rather than a movement skill like bolas or roots. Movement evasion is high on raid bosses to make ss evade way more often and so people just don't root kill mordris or whomever they want. Anyone could rootkill mordris with enough Rangers and druids if they really wanted.
A spear ranger gives up ranged combat and actually does less dmg than his bow wielding counterpart. There is no point making a spear ranger when a spear rogue is vastly superior.
#NerfIdolsCutBossHP #DecreaseRaidWindows