Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Cost of the average raid

Whoever thinks CH is pay to win or even pay to play hasn't played any other mobile mmorpg lmao. I'd be playing OAC2 if I cared about graphics, no bugs, and a wide sweeping world with many quests.
Listen we get it bud, you make 300k a day without trying while 17 boxing gold mobs. Pay to win models apply to you just as much as everyone, as your farming abilities would be nothing without the use of plat items.

Lugh
[list][*]Vulture - Level 220 Rogue
[*]Venus - Level 195 Druid[/list][/color]

Whoever thinks CH is pay to win or even pay to play hasn't played any other mobile mmorpg lmao. I'd be playing OAC2 if I cared about graphics, no bugs, and a wide sweeping world with many quests.
Listen we get it bud, you make 300k a day without trying while 17 boxing gold mobs. Pay to win models apply to you just as much as everyone, as your farming abilities would be nothing without the use of plat items.
I play ch because it's the least pay to play or win of the iOS mobile mmorpg and because of the world boss system. I could just as easy 17 box OAC2 but F*** that vigor crap among a long list of other pay to win BS like recieving end game armor and weapons direct from purchased chests.

You can *** when DG,XDL armor main and offhands drop from chests.
Last edited by Plus3 on Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

It is 100% pay to win. Someone had to pay for someone to win. Doesn't matter if you as an individual can make it to 220 in 4 years without paying, because joe from across the street can cash in $10000 and get to 220 in a couple of weeks. And yes, I've seen it happen.

Did you even read the first post of the thread? All the elixirs, idols, pots, etc. How is that not pay to win? It's practically a pay to play. You can play the "free trial" and experience noob content, solo content, or you can buy some plat and play the real game.
So, if you are the CEO of OTM, how would you do it differently maintaining 18 worlds for 5yrs plus, where players can level to 220 in a couple of months maybe, 40 man raid bosses without spending a single cent or plat item. And still can pay the game developers, the servers to use , and still earn money for yourself?
World: Epona
Clan: Enigma
Gabee/war
Fpj/druid

World:ARAWN
Gabee/Rogue
BeastKing/Ranger
FPJ/Druid

It is 100% pay to win. Someone had to pay for someone to win. Doesn't matter if you as an individual can make it to 220 in 4 years without paying, because joe from across the street can cash in $10000 and get to 220 in a couple of weeks. And yes, I've seen it happen.

Did you even read the first post of the thread? All the elixirs, idols, pots, etc. How is that not pay to win? It's practically a pay to play. You can play the "free trial" and experience noob content, solo content, or you can buy some plat and play the real game.
So, if you are the CEO of OTM, how would you do it differently maintaining 18 worlds for 5yrs plus, where players can level to 220 in a couple of months maybe, 40 man raid bosses without spending a single cent or plat item. And still can pay the game developers, the servers to use , and still earn money for yourself?
Hmm I'm torn between excessive never ending in game ads you can't avoid and straight up bot netting your phone. I think OTM handles it better than any other company.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

^^^ hell yeah they do, pay to win or not, a lot of other games don't even allow the pay2win items like chests/lixs/basically any item to be traded to non plat buyers, so basically to get them you had to purchase plat directly or you can't use them. The fact free players that haven't spent a cent can get them and use them on its own makes the game less pay2win than most.

Also they don't advertise any ads which everything everywhere does now tv, radio, YouTube, an array of other apps, hell I call up my service provider to get an account balance and between every option 1/2/3/4 there's an ad like wth, I'm glad otm hasn't gone down this road to make extra dollars and continue to do as they do.
I am Relentless
Level: 230
Class: Ranger
Clan: Relentless
Gear setup http://www.celticheroes.net/profile.php?hero=Dem0n

To make it clear, just because OTM does it better it doesnt mean they do that flawlessly. Im playing CH, not OAC2, I have no reason to compare CH's downsides to OAC's downsides because I dont need OTM learning that if someone has it worse then they're off the hook, I'll show them whats better in OAC so they can improve themselves.

Im not a plat buyer, I think 100$ is expensive converting it to my currency as well as I rather save the money I work for, regardless, seeing those big numbers of money spent on raids, it does make CH look a bit less attractive, and OTM makes more money the more they attract. High prices can come with high demand, and seeing CH's decline in active players over the years, they need to a constant stream of new player and keeping their dedicated players first, and then they could maintain such high costs.

If the loot tables were better, the cost wouldnt change. Actually, instead of end-game clan killing Hrungir in few minutes, they'll back off and a weaker clan will take 15 mins to kill Hrungrir and spend much more plat. Creativity and long-term thinking gives better income. If OTM would create mini-games that arent rip-off or plat related, they would make a bit more money there too. If OTM will put more ads but without annoying the unfathomable out of us, they'll make more money. Ppl here are too extreme, its either 'The P2W in this game is fine as it is now' or 'Make the game less P2W only by spamming us with 100000 of ads every login'.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

That costs almost 7k per player if you have 40, you also get good gelebron drops which you didnt count, excuse me? If your members arent ready to drop 7k on such great drops then just dont kill it, idiotic to think that it actually costs 60$ because no one actually buys the 500k gold for 100$, selling gold for itunes is illegal for the game but its more common and reasonable. So the amount of "$" (if 2.5m per 100$) is 10.8$ per kill.
Do you even think about this from otm's perspectives that they have to make money out of this job and all the work they do. Really silly to complain if you're being rewarded tbh.
Rhiannon:
M7 (Rogue)- 218 Proud clansman of InnerCircle

From his own pocket and the goodness of his heart ofcourse. So when can we expect your mmorpg to be released, vulture? We're waiting.

There is a lot of things that could be improved but all things considered, otm do a good job.
#NerfIdolsCutBossHP #DecreaseRaidWindows

Personally I think if the price for 4K platinum was more reasonable they would make a lot more money through more transactions and raids like gelebron and anything that costs plat in the game would be a lot cheaper and more reasonable.

I know I stopped buying plat when they upped the price of platinum in Australia(don't even bother turning this into a currency changing thread)last year from $129.99 (which is already way to much) to $159.99. That's just a ridiculous amount for the virtual worth and I have never bought platinum since, I had probably spent $2000+ over 18 months before that and even then I was unsure and didn't buy plat many other times that I considered it. I would of certainly spent a much larger grand total in smaller transactions during that time. The cost for reward is just to steep and in the long run costs OTM money, there is definitely a lot more casual play buyers than hardcore addicted ones that I know some have spent some insane amounts on this game. They are a very minor part of the entire celticheroes community

I won't even be buying platinum on double plat anymore because that's still to expensive for the virtual goods I receive.
I am Relentless
Level: 230
Class: Ranger
Clan: Relentless
Gear setup http://www.celticheroes.net/profile.php?hero=Dem0n

Personally I think if the price for 4K platinum was more reasonable they would make a lot more money through more transactions and raids like gelebron and anything that costs plat in the game would be a lot cheaper and more reasonable.

I know I stopped buying plat when they upped the price of platinum in Australia(don't even bother turning this into a currency changing thread)last year from $129.99 (which is already way to much) to $159.99. That's just a ridiculous amount for the virtual worth and I have never bought platinum since, I had probably spent $2000+ over 18 months before that and even then I was unsure and didn't buy plat many other times that I considered it. I would of certainly spent a much larger grand total in smaller transactions during that time. The cost for reward is just to steep and in the long run costs OTM money, there is definitely a lot more casual play buyers than hardcore addicted ones that I know some have spent some insane amounts on this game. They are a very minor part of the entire celticheroes community

I won't even be buying platinum on double plat anymore because that's still to expensive for the virtual goods I receive.
Just in case anyone was confused regarding the price changes.

Price changes were due to Apple and currency fluctuations: http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/smar ... k7jgd.html

All prices set in the App Store are controlled by Apple which can cause issues for our far afield players.