Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Spirit Animals

I guess I don’t see the big deal. Sure from zero you can drop 256 mount tokens which is just shy of 9m gold, or you can also religiously do bounties and you would likely have enough purple tokens by now if you saved them. Off bounties, I have a golden hare at lvl 6 and a lvl 6 silver elk with 62 of 128 purple tokens to go for the spirit. You can pay outright or be patient and have a goal over time. It all matters how you choose to play the game.

Frankly, it beats the chest egg jackpot of dragons and Phoenixes, which is luck and gold trading alone.
Xanadu - Mage 228+ - Forever - Rosmerta

I guess I don’t see the big deal. Sure from zero you can drop 256 mount tokens which is just shy of 9m gold, or you can also religiously do bounties and you would likely have enough purple tokens by now if you saved them. Off bounties, I have a golden hare at lvl 6 and a lvl 6 silver elk with 62 of 128 purple tokens to go for the spirit. You can pay outright or be patient and have a goal over time. It all matters how you choose to play the game.

Frankly, it beats the chest egg jackpot of dragons and Phoenixes, which is luck and gold trading alone.
To be honest if you bought plat a couple times and were patient the eggs would prob be easier to get. Hard to find a couple hundred mount tokens. And they are also expensive.
Brevity is the soul of wit so i will talk your ears off.

While fair, you need 256 mount tokens. If you were to do bounties religiously aka 6 a day every day, it would take approximately three years to obtain. THREE YEARS. Thats completely insane for those who dont play often enough to do said bounties nor are affluent enough to spend money on the game (broke college student). From my time playing (since 2012) I have a tier 6 brown wolf and a tier 6 brown bunny with about 30 tokens saved up. I've been very patient with the game. I agree that two level 6 mounts to obtain the spirited one is fair, but I do think there should be different levels instead of having it be only silver mounts. Considering that OTM has barely an audience that plays anymore, I feel they need to make investments in the game that can benefit all players. This sadly seems like a decision that benefits the select few and is a cheap cash grab, which is something they really shouldn't go for at this point in time.

Keep in mind that this is not supposed to be even remotely easy to get...like Zyz said, it’s essentially a gold drain, albeit an annoying one. Just because it’s there doesn’t mean everyone needs to get it...it’s just one of the things that some people will have, and can show off, and 99% of the playerbase won’t be able to get without serious cash or time and luck. There’s already at least 3 people on Sulis with spirit mounts.

The one thing I’m super grateful for is that it’s not really overpowered. It’s a decent upgrade from silver tier 6, but not strong enough to make people feel like they are really missing out by not getting it.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

To be honest if you bought plat a couple times and were patient the eggs would prob be easier to get. Hard to find a couple hundred mount tokens. And they are also expensive.
I got all my eggs through chests and ill inform you that dragon eggs aren't as common as "buying plat a couple times"
Ascension

227+ Rogue
221+ Mage
200+ Warrior
220+ Mage
200 Rogue
210+ Druid

Perma banned from ch friends band for spamming no u ft. Rogue81 & W7CH

Rogue BT Kill 09/20/2019

39th Full Doch, 14th Rogue - Danu

I got all my eggs through chests and ill inform you that dragon eggs aren't as common as "buying plat a couple times"
That's not what I'm saying. If you bought 100 bucks in plat during double plat. Sold the chests. Waited till eggs drop in price. And then repeated next double plat you could effectively make it much easier. Add that to the gold you make off fishing, farming, merching. You could get a lvl 6 in 1 year. I've been playing 2 years and I could have a white mount by now. But I've been server hopping and spending plat on 4-5 different servers.

While fair, you need 256 mount tokens. If you were to do bounties religiously aka 6 a day every day, it would take approximately three years to obtain. THREE YEARS. Thats completely insane for those who dont play often enough to do said bounties nor are affluent enough to spend money on the game (broke college student). From my time playing (since 2012) I have a tier 6 brown wolf and a tier 6 brown bunny with about 30 tokens saved up. I've been very patient with the game. I agree that two level 6 mounts to obtain the spirited one is fair, but I do think there should be different levels instead of having it be only silver mounts. Considering that OTM has barely an audience that plays anymore, I feel they need to make investments in the game that can benefit all players. This sadly seems like a decision that benefits the select few and is a cheap cash grab, which is something they really shouldn't go for at this point in time.
You’re assuming bounties always return red tokens. They don’t.
Xanadu - Mage 228+ - Forever - Rosmerta

For the first few days and for low lvls they do. I've never gotten a purple bounty token below lvl 50 ever. And that's off of 15 different toons

Still, it will take approximately three years to complete. Three years too many

Keep in mind that this is not supposed to be even remotely easy to get...like Zyz said, it’s essentially a gold drain, albeit an annoying one. Just because it’s there doesn’t mean everyone needs to get it...it’s just one of the things that some people will have, and can show off, and 99% of the playerbase won’t be able to get without serious cash or time and luck. There’s already at least 3 people on Sulis with spirit mounts.

The one thing I’m super grateful for is that it’s not really overpowered. It’s a decent upgrade from silver tier 6, but not strong enough to make people feel like they are really missing out by not getting it.
While again, I agree it shouldn't be easy to get, the company is making it nearly impossible to get without being affluent or having a three year religious devotion. If we are waiting long periods of time for updates to keep players interested in the game, and all they give is an update that benefits the very few and far in between, it's not really a motivating factor to keep playing. If anything, the update has driven players farther away.