Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

The real reason high levels are leaving

And its not because their aren't high enough monsters.

It is because when they look back over all they have done, they are so burned out from such a long journey to get to that level that they don't want to go through that again on an alt.

Thier is just so many hours to max level it is just unfathomable to do it again. Sure thier are exceptions, I'm talking about the norm.

WoW is hugely succesful and it only takes a few weeks to get to max level. We need to learn something from that.

Also what would they do on an alt? Just kill the same bosses and grind the same monsters for another 1000 hours. And grouping isn't really possible because their isn't quite enough incentive to group and their isn't high enough player density on the servers to support grouping.

With these problems bieng boiled down into these simple truths, lets try to come up with how to fix it.
Nerfed Mage ~140
Why play a class where skills cost more than other classes for same damage?
Why play a class with no auto attack?
Why play a class with 1/3 the armor?
Why play a caster?

Copy this sig! :)

Wiki: http://www.wisdomunderground.com/wiki

Re: The real reason high levels are leaving

I personally feel we need a hard level cap in our future and then they can focus on an end game experience.
+1

Admin said somewhere that a lvl cap could be implemented if enough ppl want it. Id love that to happen. lvling would have a goal then. However, setting a lvl cap in the current game is quite unreasonable. There isn't enough content yet. Once you hit max lvl, what are you going to do? Log for 2 minutes to check if a boss is up? Kill a few mobs for 10 minutes to raise gold drops... meh.

However, if we get high-end quests and stuff to do, then it would be a great improvement. Make it a long quest chain. Maybe one quest chain unlocks another one. Something like... Dragon Scale armor unlocks at lvl 150 (lvl cap). You have 2-5 different high-end quests that you can do. Once you get dragon boots, youll get 2 new quests, once you get gloves another 2 quests.

That said, I dont think it makes sense to implement a lvl cap until crafting comes out. I know a few people are against crafting, but it wont be a necessity. However, I can see people get obsessed with collecting items for crafting and lvling their crafting abilities while waiting for the next boss to spawn.

Maybe even create a zone only for lvl 150s (assuming that 150 is lvl cap). There should be mobs dropping different kinds of armor (like 5 sets for each class). Dont make the drops too common. It should take time collecting them. And 1 set of very rare epic armor. This epic armor should be as strong as armor gained from the high-end bosses (Dragon scale in this case), but different... so for example, Dragon scale warrior armor is great for tanks, and rare epic armor is made for dps. I only talk about armor, but it includes weapons, rings, bracelets, charms, etc.

In general, if you have the possibility to get a rare drop if you get lucky is a good way to keep people interested.

Also, maybe get some reward going on when you hit max lvl.
WoW is hugely succesful and it only takes a few weeks to get to max level. We need to learn something from that.

I guy in my guild lvled to 85 in less then a day. :D
Selene (Mage) 134 | Xellaya (Druid) 110
Clan: Uskoci
World: Arawn

It's not fair comparing this game to WoW. WoW has literally had more than a decade to polish it's game.

I played WoW in it's first year and it was filled with promise and fraught with serious issues. Before BG's before all of it, they went more than a year just barely scratching the surface of the potential and they had a huge game company behind them with over 6 huge game hits under their belt.

Listen stuff needs to get better, 100% agree, but in the 15th month of this game I think things aren't as catastrophic in lieu of the timeline of the game as the weekly "reason this game is dying" posts. Yes, I definately think things need to be better, but new additions like the dragon and all the new loot from it and the potential for dragon armor quests in the future and various infrastructure tweaks..future is still bright. Not against a lvl cap eventually if implemented like XELLOUS is talking about.

But the comparisons of WoW and CH given their timelines are riddiculous.
Teaweasel 121 Druid (Morrigan, Clan: Avalon, On Hiatus)
Teaweasel 133 Druid (Arawn, Retired)
Best Build is a 30/30 in Thinking for yerself ;)

Im sorry, but how crap is that, granted I have never played WOW but now I wouldn't want to.
You are basically saying that everyone can be equal within a matter of weeks!

Go fish.

Edit: and if a level cap was in at say level 150, what do you think there is to do after that? This game is about fighting at the moment, new areas are coming harder monsters are coming.
If a cap is put in now, then there will be nothing to do anymore and even more will leave.

Try getting your clan sorted out, everyone bonding, talking and having fun.

Edit: what level are you mdimarco? Would be nice to know how close to 140 you are.
Last edited by D0nk0 on Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
D0nk0 Lvl143 warrior
D1nk1 lvl90 druid (retired)
D2nk2 lvl70 ranger (retired)
D3nk3 lvl128 druid (dual log)
D4nk4 Lvl142 ranger (tri log)
D6nk6 lvl80 mage (retired)

General of PRIME
Proud owner of 2 full darkflame sets

D5nk5 lvl85 rogue (arawn)

I havent "Quit" But I play it much less than I usually do. Just like Xell said, I log on for about 10 mins, talking to a Clan Member or looking for bosses. I feel like grinding for me is a waste of time, it's become SOOOO boring constantly killing the same thing over and over.
Belenus
DarkMarch (lvl 116)
Warrior (Tank/DPS)
Clan: Advocate

Served 85 proud levels in TheOlympians clan.
Served 2 levels in Forbidden
Served 0 levels in Immortals

"Live long and Prosper" - BAZINGA
http://www.youtube.com/user/DarkMarch0?feature=mhee

The game is fine no need to lvl caps , their are there 120 lvl for ppl who dont used platinum, 140- for low. Platinum users and. 160+ for heavy platinum users. So no really need o cap what i want see when crafting come out. Is the possibility to fusion armor with armor and. Weps with special items. Lets said wk and icelord to upgrade to rare unique weps , the dragon armor and Jewlery to raise the stats. What about dark flame with new dragon armor to create a rare armor .
Inactive player .

En este juego , mientras tanto otros juegos se llevan mi plata.