Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: When does focus and ability plateau?

Technically speaking vit can provide more dps lol. Say for example you’re on any boss that deals a wide AoE, a stray add comes after you, or you gain aggro of the boss cause you’re so op, and you had just casted fire attun and all the sudden you’re dead on the ground. You get back up and now you have no fire attun for quite a long period of time. Big dps loss. More vit you have, the more survivability you have, and less likely you’ll die so soon after casting attun or the longer you’ll be able to stay alive. I’ve been rocking the 2 vit 3 focus every level and it works amazing for me.
I’m not sure how much vitality you’d need to add to survive a hit from BT as a mage, any ideas?
At the start of our bt fights if i happen to get few lucky crz can pull him, i can take about 2 to 3 hits, god knows what he can do to me with skill hits :lol:
Lugh - Pegasus

Raburto - 230 nab fire mage
Rab Rogue - 221 dodo rogue

Technically speaking vit can provide more dps lol. Say for example you’re on any boss that deals a wide AoE, a stray add comes after you, or you gain aggro of the boss cause you’re so op, and you had just casted fire attun and all the sudden you’re dead on the ground. You get back up and now you have no fire attun for quite a long period of time. Big dps loss. More vit you have, the more survivability you have, and less likely you’ll die so soon after casting attun or the longer you’ll be able to stay alive. I’ve been rocking the 2 vit 3 focus every level and it works amazing for me.
I’m not sure how much vitality you’d need to add to survive a hit from BT as a mage, any ideas?
At the start of our bt fights if i happen to get few lucky crz can pull him, i can take about 2 to 3 hits, god knows what he can do to me with skill hits :lol:
I suppose in this case they’d be unlucky crits :lol:
“Brevity is the soul of wit.”

I suppose in this case they’d be unlucky crits :lol:
Yes you have a point there :lol:
Lugh - Pegasus

As a caster focus should not be your main concern, caster dps gain most damage from direct damage adding jewelry.
So get gele rings, bt charm, mordy brace, hrung helms and stuff like that which says direct number added to your skill damage.
Plus wear occult, as edl is just sad for casters dps and occult is better than even few DG pieces and great untill you get your full DG.
In short direct damage gear is greater than focus gear for dps.
Good luck
I asked cause i have like over 5k focus, and with over 10k hp all points in focus, just trying to get some feedback to rebirth some points elsewhere to have some fun.
direct dmg you say, im a hotswap hoe with direct dmg gear :lol: and ye full dg aura rn, no bt helm just yet.

I won't say its all about direct dmg tho, ability goes a long way, ppl down play it, it can go a long way with your attunement, lure and es when boost from focus starts to drop.
And tbh theres not much we mages can do but add focus no other stats really give us boosts, useless your an auto mage which is if if (cough cough vr wheres our necro wand ability rings?, no one got time to wait on bt)
Do u die a lot even with 10k? Even then, i would say go full focus anyway. A small boost is still a boost. The only bosses i could think off that can cause a mage without edl aura trouble are gele and roots at bt (they will kill u anyway tbh lol #NerfVolt) Every other boss raid boss u can easily dps safely with minimal damage.
dont use es anymore but Only raids i ten to die at are gele 2 or 3 times or more due to his aoe and THE DMAN VOLTS *** VOLTS ROOTS (excuse the tone) i still have nightmares about them :cry:
but ye 10k works nicely
Lugh - Pegasus

I asked cause i have like over 5k focus, and with over 10k hp all points in focus, just trying to get some feedback to rebirth some points elsewhere to have some fun.
direct dmg you say, im a hotswap hoe with direct dmg gear :lol: and ye full dg aura rn, no bt helm just yet.

I won't say its all about direct dmg tho, ability goes a long way, ppl down play it, it can go a long way with your attunement, lure and es when boost from focus starts to drop.
And tbh theres not much we mages can do but add focus no other stats really give us boosts, useless your an auto mage which is if if (cough cough vr wheres our necro wand ability rings?, no one got time to wait on bt)
Do u die a lot even with 10k? Even then, i would say go full focus anyway. A small boost is still a boost. The only bosses i could think off that can cause a mage without edl aura trouble are gele and roots at bt (they will kill u anyway tbh lol #NerfVolt) Every other boss raid boss u can easily dps safely with minimal damage.
dont use es anymore but Only raids i ten to die at are gele 2 or 3 times or more due to his aoe and THE DMAN VOLTS *** VOLTS ROOTS (excuse the tone) i still have nightmares about them :cry:
but ye 10k works nicely
What does your gear setup look like?
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

but ye 10k works nicely
Wont say my set up ;)
but i will tell the gear i work with, royal bt neck, imp bt misc, imp necro firestorm wrist, godly foucs/vit/hp prot wrist (ik some of you going say whatttttt why prot wrist over mord bolt, its cause i like the focus and hp cant help myself, would like to drop it for a good dancing flames gele wrist tho down the line), as for rings, godly necro burial×2, imp invocation bt ring and last slot for hotswap gele rings, fire lure prot ring, aggy lure assassin ring and attunement with other things..
Lugh - Pegasus

but ye 10k works nicely
Wont say my set up ;)
but i will tell the gear i work with, royal bt neck, imp bt misc, imp necro firestorm wrist, godly foucs/vit/hp prot wrist (ik some of you going say whatttttt why prot wrist over mord bolt, its cause i like the focus and hp cant help myself, would like to drop it for a good dancing flames gele wrist tho down the line), as for rings, godly necro burial×2, imp invocation bt ring and last slot for hotswap gele rings, fire lure prot ring, aggy lure assassin ring and attunement with other things..
You can search for skills formulas, tho they might not be 100 percent correct but they are pretty close.
You will notice that Stats and ability in all formulas are take in square root and then multiplied with constants.
Thing with square root is the higher you go the diminishing are the results.
Gele rings and bt ones have decent amount of direct damage on them, so i personally think they are far better in comparison to necro burial if you have full DG.
Decent firemage mage setup i think without BT ability rings is
Bt neck ofc
Bt Charm ofc
Mordy fb brace ( swap )
Necro firestorm brace ( perm )
Necro ice shard brace ( swap )
2 gele fb ring ( perm )
1 bt fb recast ring ( perm )
1 gele fb ring ( swap)
1 gele fs ring ( swap )
1 gele ice shard ring ( swap )
For wands try to get fb, fs and shard gele wands and swap them to increase skill damage
For offhand i personally prefer cg shard one because i think even without attune ice shard is op skill, better than firestorm.

For reference on skill formulas- viewtopic.php?t=56130
Nuada:
level 225- warrior | TheQuantum
level 220- Mage | GodKaram
level 220- ranger | TheGraviton

Apex General

"knowledge is power"

Wont say my set up ;)
You can search for skills formulas, tho they might not be 100 percent correct but they are pretty close.
You will notice that Stats and ability in all formulas are take in square root and then multiplied with constants.
Thing with square root is the higher you go the diminishing are the results.
Gele rings and bt ones have decent amount of direct damage on them, so i personally think they are far better in comparison to necro burial if you have full DG.
Decent firemage mage setup i think without BT ability rings is
Bt neck ofc
Bt Charm ofc
Mordy fb brace ( swap )
Necro firestorm brace ( perm )
Necro ice shard brace ( swap )
2 gele fb ring ( perm )
1 bt fb recast ring ( perm )
1 gele fb ring ( swap)
1 gele fs ring ( swap )
1 gele ice shard ring ( swap )
For wands try to get fb, fs and shard gele wands and swap them to increase skill damage
For offhand i personally prefer cg shard one because i think even without attune ice shard is op skill, better than firestorm.

For reference on skill formulas- viewtopic.php?t=56130
Yep I don’t think bobthemage is a credible source heard so many false things come out of his mouth such as “cooldown swapping is a dps loss” , casters have a severe plateau issue it’s so easy to stack so much focus and ability even when your using gele rings, maybe bob is kinda right if you don’t have dg or any decent gear.

Also nice joke with the vit thing it was entertaining to read what zkills thinks because he isn’t eg yet, didn’t know nubs think every player is a tank and needs 20k hp to survive aoes lol , once he gets to that stage he would realise how wrong he is.

Also nice joke with the vit thing it was entertaining to read what zkills thinks because he isn’t eg yet, didn’t know nubs think every player is a tank and needs 20k hp to survive aoes lol , once he gets to that stage he would realise how wrong he is.
Trolls never stop trolling. Yes the vit thing is true, but it actually requires creativity and a brain to think of how vit can be beneficial. Raburto backed me up a few times but it actually requires for you to read the whole thread. Bob uses swans formulas, which are considered to be outdated (which he mentions as well, and possibly changed them up a bit), and no one really knows how the scaling exactly works (no one but VR). Are you even a mage? When did I say everyone needs 20k hp? Stop warping my words

I also thought I remembered reading something a long time ago that OTM changed the scaling on focus for spell damage so that it doesn’t plateau the same way strength does with melee. Reason being casters are meant to be glass canons so what sense does it make to have focus plateau at a certain point like melee classes with strength considering casters only rely on skills for dmg. I could be totally wrong, but that’s just something I thought I saw a while ago (probably mixing it with something else).

EDIT: I found some posts made by krummy (made his own calculator) that helps confirm that focus doesn’t hit a plateau until you have an unrealistic amount of focus. Realistically focus won’t reach plateau even at 5k focus and you’ll still see decent dmg boosts, which you can then decide if that extra focus is more beneficial than say vit. The amount of damage you gain does start to decrease after every point of focus added, obviously, but the decrease is so small that it doesn’t really make much of a difference. Now if you’re sitting at 5k focus and are debating on which adds more dps, a godly burial or a majestic gele fb ring, you’ll have to use a dps calculator of some sort as I couldn’t tell you which is better at that point (although I think a majority of mages don’t hit 5k focus (unless if you have bt everything lol), as Raburto uses focus gear that other mages wouldn’t usually use).

Now if you could stop following me around, breathing down my neck, and poking my ass with a stick, that’d be great.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

Yep I don’t think bobthemage is a credible source heard so many false things come out of his mouth such as “cooldown swapping is a dps loss”
You can lose dps from swapping.

1. Using too many swaps
- Theres only a finite amount of time you have to swap, as swapping takes time even though its instant.

2. User error
- Issues like swapping while a skill is ready to be cast, using skills in the wrong order and causing overlap, etc...

3. Lag
- Skills or swaps cannot work unless the client communicates with the server. If the lag is over a certain amount of delay time it would be best not to swap, or maybe even use pure damage boosts alone.
World - Lugh
Furyion - 192 Ice Mage
Stonelord - 100 PvP Warrior
Lavalord - 60 PvP Warrior
Keepin' it old school.
Do you like Celtic Heroes? Join the Official Unofficial Discord today!
https://discord.gg/mPHnzmr