Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Forum Debate: Ooonox or Younox?

I checked a few of the voice bot things and they all pronounce it you-nox. Problem solved most of you were wrong lel
Siri pronounces "minecraft" "mini craft"
Siri is a single voice bot, I checked multiple different voice bots so yeaaa I would say you-nox is the correct way to say it, and besides... where do you guys get the ooo in unox :lol: it annoys me how people pronounce things wrong. Like I have a friend that pronounces necro like its neek-ro and gelebron like jelly-bron.... Can't stand it :lol:
Level 210+ Warrior, Lugh

-You know a world transfer is legit when it is posted on the forums-
BOYMCLIR: AUTOPLAY HEROES, REVENGE OF BOB THE GOD

In the regional dialect of Rosmerta, we pronounce that boss's name as "215" with an inflection for the number of stars, as in "215.6 is up!". I'd have to think twice as to where to go if someone said "need help at Unox".
Think that has a lot to do with the active players on our worlds during the tower update, whoever started calling them by number or by name then shaped the way your server calls them now. on gwydion I made a clan message with all the boss names levels and respawn timers so everyone could learn them when the content was new, we still call every boss by name now.
I am Relentless
Level: 230
Class: Ranger
Clan: Relentless
Gear setup http://www.celticheroes.net/profile.php?hero=Dem0n

In the regional dialect of Rosmerta, we pronounce that boss's name as "215" with an inflection for the number of stars, as in "215.6 is up!". I'd have to think twice as to where to go if someone said "need help at Unox".
Makes us have to retrain the xfers who come to Arawn cause when we say 210 Is due, people need to be in lirs and not head to summoning :).

And why if you call dl/edl by number isn't swampy 120.6 etc? I know ow bosses are called by name

(And it is you-nox)
Thyra 204 rogue (Rosmerta)

Faolan Wariche 224 warrior (Arawn retired)

Like Dem0n said, languages evolve gradually, and the first users of those terms may not be with us now. I didn't say it was better or even consistent to call them by number. It's just our local way! All part of the rich tapestry of Celtic Heroes social life, that we have different server dialects and accents. :)

From my quite basic knowledge of the pronunciation of Celts it would be Ooonox and thats how I say it just like so many people say "seltic heroes" when it is "keltic heroes"
I pronounce it seltic heroes because I'm American and the Celtics basketball team is Pronounced seltics aswell
Level 210+ Warrior, Lugh

From my quite basic knowledge of the pronunciation of Celts it would be Ooonox and thats how I say it just like so many people say "seltic heroes" when it is "keltic heroes"
I pronounce it seltic heroes because I'm American and the Celtics basketball team is Pronounced seltics aswell
I am American and have always pronounced it Kelt long before this game ever came out. I even tend to pronounce the basketball team like that the few time I have any need to read about it. Idk to me Sell-tic sounds wrong.
Thyra 204 rogue (Rosmerta)

Faolan Wariche 224 warrior (Arawn retired)

I am American and have always pronounced it Kelt long before this game ever came out. I even tend to pronounce the basketball team like that the few time I have any need to read about it. Idk to me Sell-tic sounds wrong.
I'm the same way with gelebron, ik it's supposed to be pronouced gel-eh-bron but that doesn't sound right to me so I pronounce it gell-eh-bron because it sounds better
Level 210+ Warrior, Lugh