Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Cost of the average raid

I wouldn't mind if there were subscription options $5, $10, $20 per month which depending on how much you paid would give access to plat items without the need to buy plat. Perhaps 5 would give access to unlimited super non tradeable super lix and restos, 10 would give access to heroics, pots, and sigils. 20 would give access to crafting. I don't know...just a random idea from someone waiting for the coffee to finish brewing. I don't play any other mmo games so idk prices per offerings on other games
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Subscription games are the worst. Having a monthly subscription would kill off the remaining player base in all honesty.
All mobile games moved from a subscription to freemium for exactly this reason. Pokemon go is projected to catch 10 billion ($10,000,000,000) dollars on iTunes alone over the next 23 months. It's freemium.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

Subscription games are the worst. Having a monthly subscription would kill off the remaining player base in all honesty.
All mobile games moved from a subscription to freemium for exactly this reason. Pokemon go is projected to catch 10 billion ($10,000,000,000) dollars on iTunes alone over the next 23 months. It's freemium.

Pokemon go isn't pay to win.
Elsroth - 220+ Mage - Clan Avalon

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.

I meant with a subscription option. Can play the game as is or opt into subscription that would give bonus stuff
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

I feel like the money that goes into raid bosses could be better used to gear people with store gear :P
store gear? how about raid bosses actually drop gear that people would use?

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

I feel like the money that goes into raid bosses could be better used to gear people with store gear :P
From what I have read a lot of the raid boss gear is poopy and stored away in banks where they are never seen again. Why waste cash until something is done
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

From what I have read a lot of the raid boss gear is poopy and stored away in banks where they are never seen again. Why waste cash until something is done
This is a common theme in many mmorpg. If they hand out loot too fast, with little other content, people quit as there is nothing to do. If nothing drops almost every time and only good items once and awhile then people also tend to quit. So mmorpg, especially those with little parallel content tend to have crap drops 95% of the time and 5% decent or better drops. Some even let you pick from total crap or a ridiculously tiny chance at something good.

I blame typical human psychology.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|