Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Server Restart - Currently - Server Maintainence

Good morning Muldar. Thank god its a server maintenance.
In my experience, "server maintenance" is code word for "secret changes we don't want players to know".

I'm nervous now what's going to happen after this. Servers don't go down without a warning, especially without their community liaison not knowing anything about it.
Programming are doing work on the back up system to ensure that it is at 100%, same as the last programming restart.

Nothing to fear.

The real question is, how do programming get up so early?!

I get in and there is already a server restart in progress! Early birds.
Well I got a 3 possible answers
1) drugs
2) have a hot lunch date and needed to get morning work out of the way
3) like trolling players and reading our rage posts
I'm voting 3) or 4) Programmers are robots who do not need sleep ;)

A simple pop up box is not a warning I was informed by a friend that it popped up so I logged to check and there was nothing there. Which means the pop up box only helps about the 10 players that are on at this time. Not to mention the first 30mins of servers down had no timeframe of when they were gonna be back up or a announcement from any of OTM
kingokkillers - 220 - Rogue

A simple pop up box is not a warning I was informed by a friend that it popped up so I logged to check and there was nothing there. Which means the pop up box only helps about the 10 players that are on at this time. Not to mention the first 30mins of servers down had no timeframe of when they were gonna be back up or a announcement from any of OTM
This has happened quite a few times in the past and we weren't happy about it. Muldar said "I'll let the programming team know in the future". For awhile in the past few weeks, Muldar has been keeping them in line and giving us enough warning time whenever server is going to go down. It was great.

But again, either there's a new person in the programming team that doesn't know the procedures or they just don't care what y'all think.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

The real question is, how do programming get up so early?!

I get in and there is already a server restart in progress! Early birds.
Lol ;)
Class: Druid, Ranger & Rouge
Level: 220
Started playing ch in 2011
Retired
Ranger level 220
Rouge 220

This has happened quite a few times in the past and we weren't happy about it. Muldar said "I'll let the programming team know in the future". For awhile in the past few weeks, Muldar has been keeping them in line and giving us enough warning time whenever server is going to go down. It was great.

But again, either there's a new person in the programming team that doesn't know the procedures or they just don't care what y'all think.
Patience is the key :)
My character:
-Antigone level 206 ( rogue ).

Patience is the key :)
It is currently 6:06am I've been waiting since 4-5am all patience has gone out the window
kingokkillers - 220 - Rogue

Yea, the lack of a forum announcement was worrisome, Muldar. Not your fault, but you should make sure they understand to keep the cummunity informed regardless if you're unavailable or not. Forums are always the first place we check to see what's going on..
LadyNymeria
Level 230+ Rogue
General of Ascension
LadysHeart Level 220+ Druid
Level 220+ Ice Mage Valyria
Heartsbane 220+ Warrior
Level 220+ Ranger Sweet Tansy
Dreamfyre Level 220+ Lure Mage
190 Locker Rogue Catspaw

Danu

Yea, the lack of a forum announcement was worrisome, Muldar. Not your fault, but you should make sure they understand to keep the cummunity informed regardless if you're unavailable or not. Forums are always the first place we check to see what's going on..
The first... And regrettably the last ;)
Class: Druid, Ranger & Rouge
Level: 220
Started playing ch in 2011
Retired
Ranger level 220
Rouge 220