Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: About multiple devices

What's the possibility of a video showing you working all 8 (eventually 16) devices?
Anything over 5-6 becomes a hassle to move. Its bad enough at 4 - I have trouble rotating all 4 screens while running everyone the same direction.

Not to say 16 can't be done it will just be more practical to use at bosses or somewhere where moving isn't needed often.

You could control a larger group by botting them partially - afik when I checked the tos this is OK since I read nothing about using third party software to interface with the game. However this is quite impractical outside of a commercial simulator on a pc (none really exist for idevices) though on an ipad3 it may be feasible. The frame rate and lag is just too high.

The person controlling all 36 wow accounts was for sure botting them in groups.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

I have faced a big problem tring to multi device a boss or simply train.... Apple devices do this one thing called CRASH! My personal opinion one apple device is frustrating enough. But if you got a super iPod that dosnt ever crash then go for it!
Nothings perfect but I use an ipad 2, iphone 5 and the very first itouch whatever it was named. I crash almost never on all devices but I lag on the old itouch a lot more.
Touch (Druid) 150
Spitfire (Mage) 160

So, we should punish people who play this game with five devices because? What?

Because they used their hard earned money to invest in devices they worked for?

Sure that's a HUGE issue.

It should be fixed, right after they find a way to fix the issue where kids have more time to play this game because they don't have a job, thus making more gold, having a higher level, and better items, this is madness, onethumb fix this!

SideNote: My sarcasm is so advanced some people think I'm serious, so a disclaimer, this is sarcasm.

So, we should punish people who play this game with five devices because? What?

Because they used their hard earned money to invest in devices they worked for?

Sure that's a HUGE issue.

It should be fixed, right after they find a way to fix the issue where kids have more time to play this game because they don't have a job, thus making more gold, having a higher level, and better items, this is madness, onethumb fix this!

SideNote: My sarcasm is so advanced some people think I'm serious, so a disclaimer, this is sarcasm.

Or they could just get a job.... Mow lawns or something lol.

Are there any plans to resolve this issue? Sure some people use multiple devices to xfer things between characters. But what about these guys who seriously have 4-5 characters logged in on multiple devices and just solo kill bosses? And they can train their characters better then eveyone else cause they r just healing outside of group. Just today I seen two people with all their characters in a full group killing the 140 dragon. What kind of crap is this? Well I guess on the up side.... I'm not sleeping alone at night! Well neither are those guys... Their bed is full of apple devices
I am a penta-boxer which is apparently exactly what this guy doesn't like. I am very accustomed to this type of opinion and attitude. Mostly everyone I've encountered has had some kind of reservation or disliking of multi-boxers. Until recently I have not been powerful enough to defeat significant bosses but now that my characters are getting up in levels I have been able to tank lvl 140 ythair dragon and most people's opinions have changed to very postitive views, especially when I randomly help other clans tank bosses that are wiping them out. I've been accused of everything since I've been multi boxing and I stopped defending myself a while ago. Anyone on tarranis familiar with hubris and the entourage of Druids that accompany her know my character and know what type of player I am. So long as I have the support of my clan, its allies, and remain in general good standing with the tarranis community then ranting posts such as this one won't phase me. However, I do understand people's frustrations and try to taper my play style to be helpful and pleasant despite what you may think of me.

One of the most common misconceptions with my characters as another poster has already pointed out is that it isn't humanly possible to play 5 characters simultaneously and even if you could you couldn't play each character to its full potential. This is absolutely false. While it isn't easy, it is absolutely possible to play all characters simultaneously so long as you have enough situational awareness, focus, and have a strong multi tasking capability. I may try to shoot a video of my set up and play style for you all to see so that maybe you will understand more about how I do what I do.

*EDIT* here is the video
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=DoEPQk4W ... ata_player

As far a the OP is concerned. I am sorry that you feel so strongly about your dislike of multi boxers and I am curious as to what happened exactly to make you feel this way? I sincerely hope it was nothing I've done. Despite my name, I am the furthest thig from a tyrant on my server and I wish you had an opportunity to interact with me, perhaps you wouldn't feel as you do. I completely understand why people get turned off to this. I have the potential to abuse my capabilities for my own selfish gains. Personally, I don't but other players might and that may have been what happened. However, I've been doing this a very long time. I've spoken with the admins about it on several occasions and read every game policy thouroughly to ensure that I remain within the confines of the games rules. Multi boxing will not be going away. As far as I know the admins do not view it negatively and have made no plans to remove it from the game. I can only hope for you that you are able to find some sort of solace for your issues and not assume that every multi boxer is an elitist, tyrannical, power-mongering, loot-stealing player. The only reason I made my characters was to help my clan with bosses. If it were for
Selfish gains I wouldn't have made a tank and four Druids. Do you know how easy it is to be KS'd when you play as a tank and four Druids? If I was going to rape my server I would have made a bunch of rouges and rangers with Druids to out DPS everyone and steal all loot all the time.
Tyrant, you are my hero and idol! :D