Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

The Return of Garanak: Class Based Dicing

Tired of people winning drops with the sole purpose to sell? So am I.

http://celtic-heroes.com/forum/viewtopi ... bloodthorn

I made this post when garanak first came to the game and it seemed many people covertly wanted to make profit from drops by labelling it as equality. Garanak will be coming back with what seems to be simply upgraded versions of current sets so I believe that we should take a look at the sets and go over whether or not we should restrict drops to the classes listed.

GOOD GEAR IS BETTER THAN GOLD, PEOPLE.

Lugh
[list][*]Vulture - Level 220 Rogue
[*]Venus - Level 195 Druid[/list][/color]

Re: The Return of Garanak: Class Based Dicing

While I am in favor of class based dicing there is a problem with doing this with the Garanak items. These items are not class restricted. We ran into problems with class based dicing for Garanak items in the past for this reason. What if a mage wants to add vitality with an item or a warrior wants a bit of focus?

If an item is class restricted, I am in favor of class based dicing. If the item isn't class restricted there isn't a meaningful way to determine the class dicing system.

Clan: Ancients
RogerRanger 223
RogerDruid 160+
RogerRogue 160+
RogerWarrior 150+
RogerMage 110+

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
― Daniel Patrick Moynihan

While I am in favor of class based dicing there is a problem with doing this with the Garanak items. These items are not class restricted. We ran into problems with class based dicing for Garanak items in the past for this reason. What if a mage wants to add vitality with an item or a warrior wants a bit of focus?

If an item is class restricted, I am in favor of class based dicing. If the item isn't class restricted there isn't a meaningful way to determine the class dicing system.
What you're saying is that because OTM didn't place a restriction on it, we shouldn't either. OTM made a freaking sword for mages, I don't think we should be relying on them.

How come we restrict hrung braces? Because the ability/stats SUIT the class far better than any other class therefore they should roll for it. How come we restrict aggy books to casters and tridents melee classes? Because those SUIT some classes better than others.

We didn't run into any problems with this last tine around, we just ran into the same crummy arguments that a class should be able to play how they want.

A shrivewood set doesn't suit a rogue and a bladeleaf set doesn't suit a druid, ja feel?

Lugh
[list][*]Vulture - Level 220 Rogue
[*]Venus - Level 195 Druid[/list][/color]

There are more melee sets then caster sets.

There are more melee classes then caster classes, and 80% of endgame players is melee
Counting stonebark and ironroot as neutral, theres 2 caster sets and 4 dps sets. You shouldn't be punished because of the class you chose. This means melee gets to dice on 50% more items then casters for garanak.
World - Lugh
Furyion - 192 Ice Mage
Stonelord - 100 PvP Warrior
Lavalord - 60 PvP Warrior
Keepin' it old school.
Do you like Celtic Heroes? Join the Official Unofficial Discord today!
https://discord.gg/mPHnzmr

There are more melee sets then caster sets.

There are more melee classes then caster classes, and 80% of endgame players is melee
Counting stonebark and ironroot as neutral, theres 2 caster sets and 4 dps sets. You shouldn't be punished because of the class you chose. This means melee gets to dice on 50% more items then casters for garanak.
but casters have a higher chance of winning anyways.