Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: The Return of Garanak: Class Based Dicing

While I am in favor of class based dicing there is a problem with doing this with the Garanak items. These items are not class restricted. We ran into problems with class based dicing for Garanak items in the past for this reason. What if a mage wants to add vitality with an item or a warrior wants a bit of focus?

If an item is class restricted, I am in favor of class based dicing. If the item isn't class restricted there isn't a meaningful way to determine the class dicing system.
What you're saying is that because OTM didn't place a restriction on it, we shouldn't either. OTM made a freaking sword for mages, I don't think we should be relying on them.

How come we restrict hrung braces? Because the ability/stats SUIT the class far better than any other class therefore they should roll for it. How come we restrict aggy books to casters and tridents melee classes? Because those SUIT some classes better than others.

We didn't run into any problems with this last tine around, we just ran into the same crummy arguments that a class should be able to play how they want.

A shrivewood set doesn't suit a rogue and a bladeleaf set doesn't suit a druid, ja feel?
Aggy books are for casters whether they add Nature Magic or Fire. Should we further subdivide this to druids only and mages only? You have been around long enough to know we set the dicing rules to give as many classes as possible an opportunity to dice for a drop. We do the same for Mordy books for the same reason.

Since you don't want to trust the game maker to decide the suitability of a class based item, who will decide? You?

How about this. You play the game as you like and I will play as I see fit. BTW, my ranger wears a "warrior" ring and it SUITS him just fine.

Clan: Ancients
RogerRanger 223
RogerDruid 160+
RogerRogue 160+
RogerWarrior 150+
RogerMage 110+

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
― Daniel Patrick Moynihan

While I am in favor of class based dicing there is a problem with doing this with the Garanak items. These items are not class restricted. We ran into problems with class based dicing for Garanak items in the past for this reason. What if a mage wants to add vitality with an item or a warrior wants a bit of focus?

If an item is class restricted, I am in favor of class based dicing. If the item isn't class restricted there isn't a meaningful way to determine the class dicing system.
What you're saying is that because OTM didn't place a restriction on it, we shouldn't either. OTM made a freaking sword for mages, I don't think we should be relying on them.

How come we restrict hrung braces? Because the ability/stats SUIT the class far better than any other class therefore they should roll for it. How come we restrict aggy books to casters and tridents melee classes? Because those SUIT some classes better than others.

We didn't run into any problems with this last tine around, we just ran into the same crummy arguments that a class should be able to play how they want.

A shrivewood set doesn't suit a rogue and a bladeleaf set doesn't suit a druid, ja feel?
Aggy books are for casters whether they add Nature Magic or Fire. Should we further subdivide this to druids only and mages only? You have been around long enough to know we set the dicing rules to give as many classes as possible an opportunity to dice for a drop. We do the same for Mordy books for the same reason.

Since you don't want to trust the game maker to decide the suitability of a class based item, who will decide? You?

How about this. You play the game as you like and I will play as I see fit. BTW, my ranger wears a "warrior" ring and it SUITS him just fine.
We do seperate mordy grimoires for druids and mages based on the ability it gives, if you played you would know. Once again if there's no class restriction on them why don't we all roll for them? Why don't we all roll on all coloured dl and edl items? No restrictions on those.

It's not one game maker, there are multiple loot designers. It's not about trust it's about knowledge and clearly many of the game makers(and players) don't have it.

Lugh
[list][*]Vulture - Level 220 Rogue
[*]Venus - Level 195 Druid[/list][/color]

Vult - all of your points and counter points make perfect sense. I am in favor of this. As we have seen, the looting rules set over 18 months ago are outdated and need revamping.

Even though the game makers have no told us which set goes with which class, common sense dictates. There is no reason for a mage or druid to ever be able to roll on a blade, blood, storm or ice set as those sets are heavily dps weighted. Even if you limit only two sets to mages and druids, they still have a higher probability of winning a drop as they have less competition. How many druids and mages come to fights, 5-10? Compare that will Dps rangers, rogues and warriors, what's that 20-30 per fight?

Roger - if your mage/druid wants to wear a set with vitality, you can wear one of the castee sets as they provide vitality and focus. What rationale can you support for a caster rolling on a str/Dex set?
Critz - 222 Rogue
Server - Lugh

I am all for what vult is suggesting. Makes no sense for people to roll for items they have no intentions of using when other players at the fight need them.

I have never once seen a caster wearing a mele gara set.

And yes there are more mele sets then caster but there are also many more mele players then caster at each fight. There is prob 5 mele to every 1 caster and thats conservative.

Castes should have no problem equipping thenselves with a set that suits them if they participate even minimally in the summer event if vults suggestion is put in.

Huge plus 1 for this
Clan: Alliance
Server: Lugh

Axon, 226 Rogue
DollaBeez, 217 Druid
CecilKain, 220 Warrior
Strago, 220 Ranger
Golbez, 183 Mage

+1

Im all for this sets split easily and fairly

Stonebark is caster/warrior
Ironroot is warrior
Spirit is caster
Shrive is caster
Blade set melee
Storm set is melee
Frost set is rogue/ranger
Blood set is rogue/ranger

This makes rogue and ranger have 4 total they can roll for, warriors 4 and casters 3.

thats fair isnt it?
Heres my rationale:
Ironroot and stonebark are good tanking sets, and stonebark provides vit and focus that druids and mages like.
Spirit and shrive provide focus and ability buffs specifically set for casters
Blade set works well with any melee class, dps warriors especially, rogues and rangers.
Frost set works best with rogue/ranger due to the dex addition, this dex component rules out warriors due to them not needing dex.
Blood set works the same as frost, except the faster the autos the more damage one does especially with the low resist to poison dmg hence rogue and ranger.

This means there more sets for melee but each class can roll for and theyre all suited to their best classes, and there an excess of melee classes therefore they get more sets to even things out.
Last edited by Lukov on Sun May 03, 2015 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lukov lvl 205 rogue
Lukov4 lvl 199 druid
Lukov2 lvl 63 warrior able to shield bash Aggy
Helpfullukov lvl 197 mage. Part three of the lukov combo
skywalker1 lvl 100 ranger
Expansion update 4 & destiny beta tester

Im against it, 3 reasons.
1. Poison is the best damage, it shouldn't be just for rogues/rangers.

2. Caster stuff has less demand/value, and damage gear is always worth the most. It will make life harder for low budget casters, and melees will just win damage stuff to sell.

3. We already chose our way for garanak before, i do not see a point to change it.
World - Lugh
Furyion - 192 Ice Mage
Stonelord - 100 PvP Warrior
Lavalord - 60 PvP Warrior
Keepin' it old school.
Do you like Celtic Heroes? Join the Official Unofficial Discord today!
https://discord.gg/mPHnzmr