Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Dicing on Non-Class Item Rule for Alts

Yea I can see how that would become the next problem. Was trying to think of ways to reward multiple toons. Figured they can roll for class specific items, but if they won any class item they wouldn't be able to roll for the non-class item (like it is now), but would allow them to roll for class items in their toons classes. I can see how that would become a problem though.

i believe the reward would be in the ability to choose which class specific item to dice for assuming that you have the required classes there. you bring your mage and rogue to aggragoth and a mage bracelet and dark trident drop. you either choose your mage to dice for the bracelet or your rogue for the trident. you pick one class and dice once. this is an advantage over the solo warrior toon with no alts who can only dice for the melee drop. the reward for multiple toons is the power to choose. non class bosses as you stated should be 1 roll per physical player and if they dont bring their alts i understand. having alts is a choice not a privilege.

I completely agree with your last sentence.

Thats the driving force here. I don't think having two toons entitles you to have two rolls on one item. Thats the essential point. Your still one person, and you should give other PEOPLE an equal chance at the item.

My topic is essentially about being more fair to your fellow human beings than your toons.

Lugh, for the most part, has been a cooperative server for as long as I've been playing. In all fairness, I do agree there should be one roll per "player" not "toon" for non class items. Like Damron has said, not everyone has multiple devices and not everyone can handle playing multiple devices anyway.

As far as the fairness in....."I have spent more time and money leveling multiple characters", I agree, it takes time and possibly more money to develop these toons. However, I don't believe it is in the best interest, of lugh, to have better odds at winning more drops. Like I said, we are a cooperative server......if you can play multiple devices, effectively, why not bring them to help the team? Why not do it for the fun and camaraderie (brotherhood, community, companionship, goodwill) of the group?

I am discouraged to see so many fighting over these silly drops. Everyone wants them, and we all deserve a chance to roll for them. Let's put our disagreements aside and allow for a fun and fair way to distribute the drops. Congratulate the winners and move on. It's ok to have discussions, it is how we grow, but remember to be respectful to each other.

Hugs to all,

Sabre

Unfortunately Dem thats one of the problems. People won't bring their alts to help kill the guy unless they can roll double. Its a false sense of entitlement IMO.

Like Sabre said, you should bring alts to help lugh kill the boss, and get an EQUAL chance at the drop. Why not? Why not allow those with one device the same chance as you at the drop? If we agreed to one person one dice, then people with alts would rebel until they got their advantage back. The current way is simply unfair no way to say it otherwise.

But mysteryman said it well. Having an alt is not a priviledge, its a choice.

If you can bring an alt and help kill a boss, why wouldn't you? Why do you have to get rewarded with twice the chances of someone who doesnt have two devices? It simply doesn't make sense. Having an alt at a boss shouldn't give someone a feeling of entitlement to better odds. Its more fair for everyone to let every person throw one dice, regardless of number of alts.

Two things i dislike about all these arguments (here and elsewhere)

1. "Best for lugh"
This is getting on my nerves. Lugh is a great place because of our basic principle of non-exclusion. Everyone who shows up, gets a shot.

We are also great because we are fairly democratic. We use forums, discuss issues, argue, get solutions. There is no top clan. This democracy is messy and not optimal for strength. But it lets people show up and play they way they want. Some clans are more autocratic and work to effectivly power up players, others are more laid back letting people do what they want with their drops.

So please stop best for lugh arguments. Outside some basic rules for drops (like class based rolling), our goals have been for equal opportunity, non-exclusion, and basic levels of friendly cooperation.

2. The "greed" thing.

I find it annoying to hear things like "if you want to do it this way, it is just greed". We are playing a game whose goals are to complete quests and get stuff. Are some people really generous or greedy, sure, but has no real meaning if they are playing in a civil manner - winning drops fair and square. Some loan, some sell, some keep, imo it's all good if the loot was fairly won.

Many would call me greedy, i have been playing a long time and have a ton of stuff in inventory. I have 5 well equipped toons. But, as i see it, i won the stuff fairly and I'm enjoying playing with my well outfitted toons.

So, to the question of alts. Whether we play (for non class items) one roll per toon or one roll per player (knowing only one drop per player), both are legitimate ways to go. Neither is greedy (or, they are equally greedy). Neither make lugh 'better'. The important thing is to find a fair rule that can be accepted by all.

Also, please stop assuming the 'other side ' doesnt understand your point. We have hashed this issue to death.

Maybe the best idea is to compromise. Mordy is fairly straight-forward, while the event boss is expensive and long. Maybe on mordy each person gets one roll for non-class, while on the event boss which needs more, each toon gets one roll.
Civility, Integrity, and the Hermeneutic of Generosity

World: Lugh
Akbar: Ranger 220+
DrXyn-Druid 180+
Xyn: Mage 170+
Rabka: Rogue 150+
Rabak: Warrior 90+
Clan: Chieftain of Ancients