Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

CLASS BASED DICING: Level 200 boss

People have been questioning the non class idea of these drops. Is it a good thing or a bad thing? Would you rangers/rogues want to buy a poison damage set off a mage? How about you warriors, would you like to buy that wonderful tank set off a rogue? I don't think so. I've had a bit of discussion with clannies and they seem to like this breakdown of CLASS BASED DICING, so I would like to share it with the rest of Lugh and see if it may possibly be an idea worth implementing.

The damage(heat, pois, magic and cold) sets should be for rogues/rangers
These sets are:

Bladeleaf
Grand Bladeleaf Aura adds up to 200 heat damage to your attacks
Ring
Defence: 300
Vitality 100
Wounding Attack Evasion : +300
Charm
Attack: 300
Strength 100
Necklace
Strength 200
Vitality 200
Wounding Attack Evasion : +600

Bloodthorn
Grand Bloodthorn Aura adds up to 200 poison damage to your attacks
Ring
Strength 100
Movement Attack Evasion : +300
Charm
Health: 500
Dexterity 100
Movement Attack Evasion : +300
Necklace
Strength 200
Dexterity 200
Movement Attack Evasion : +600

Stormleaf
Grand Stormleaf Aura adds up to 200 magic damage to your attacks
Ring
Strength 100
Spell Attack Evasion : +300
Charm
Vitality 100
Necklace
Strength 200
Vitality 200
Spell Attack Evasion : +600

Frostroot
Grand Frostroot Aura adds up to 200 cold damage to your attacks
Ring
Energy: 500
Dexterity 100
Physical Attack Evasion : +300
Charm
Strength 100
Necklace
Strength 200
Dexterity 200
Physical Attack Evasion : +600

The sets with(heat damage, magic damage, armour, and resists) should be for warriors
These sets are:

Ironroot
Grand Ironroot Aura increases your Armour by 200
Ring
Dexterity 100
Charm
Vitality 100
Necklace
Dexterity 200
Vitality 200
Physical Attack Evasion : +600

Bladeleaf
Grand Bladeleaf Aura adds up to 200 heat damage to your attacks
Ring
Vitality 100
Charm
Strength 100
Necklace
Strength 200
Vitality 200

Stonebark
Grand Stonebark Aura increases your elemental Resistances by 200
Ring
Vitality 100
Charm
Focus 100
Necklace
Focus 200
Vitality 200

Stormleaf
Grand Stormleaf Aura adds up to 200 magic damage to your attacks
Ring
Strength 100
Charm
Vitality 100
Necklace
Strength 200
Vitality 200

And finally the remaining 2 sets as well as the elemental resist set should be for casters.
These sets are:

Shrivewood
Grand Shrivewood Aura increases your Fire, Ice, and Nature Magic abilities by 1000
Ring
Focus 100
Weakening Attack Evasion : +300
Charm
Vitality 100
Weakening Attack Evasion : +300
Necklace
Focus 200
Vitality 200
Weakening Attack Evasion : +600

Spiritseed
Grand Spiritseed Aura increases your Focus by 200 points
Ring
Dexterity 100
Charm
Focus 100
Necklace
Dexterity 200
Focus 200

Stonebark
Grand Stonebark Aura increases your elemental Resistances by 200
Ring
Vitality 100
Charm
Focus 100
Necklace
Focus 200
Vitality 200

-

I say the rogues/rangers should get the top dps sets as that's the class we are, we need the highest and best type of damage for our output.
A warrior needs his tank sets, but we have to acknowledge the fact that some warriors like to have dps. This is why I suggest we allow the magic damage set for warriors.
Finally, the casters need their focus and ability bonuses but the fact the elemental resist set adds focus AND vit, it just has to be allowed for casters as well.

This basically sets everything up in terms of what's most effective for each class. You have tank/dps sets for warriors, you have healer/dex build sets for druids, and rogues/rangers really only need dps so that's what they get.

To me this seems like the best breakdown possible, if you have any thoughts then feel free to spill them on the comments.

Thanks to swan for all item stats, and let me add that this is only the discussion on the level 200 boss as that's where diversity really matters. If you want to talk about the noob stuff make a new thread, thanks.
Last edited by Vulture on Sat May 02, 2015 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lugh
[list][*]Vulture - Level 220 Rogue
[*]Venus - Level 195 Druid[/list][/color]

Re: CLASS BASED DICING: Level 200 boss

There's already a caveat for casters and warriors to roll for stonebark, could do the same with warriors/rogues/rangers for bladeleaf.
Why? To add a bit more diversity in damage types?

Rogue's and ranger's armour add heat damage, our weapons normally pierce and poison. It makes sense to have those types for us.

Warriors armour has no damage bonus, warriors weapons are usually pierce and if a mordris halberd then it has ANY type of damage. Why does it matter if a warrior has heat damage if their weapons or armour aren't restricted to a certain type? I see warriors rocking midnight talismans(magic dmg), darkfire halberds(heat damage), and various damage rings. Why does it matter that warriors receive heat damage?

Dps warriors can have the magic damage set, it's exactly the same as the heat damage except for the difference type of damage. It just makes sense that rogues/rangers stack up as much heat/pierce/pois as possible as they have the best dps and it would help them and us on bosses much more than if a warrior had it.

Lugh
[list][*]Vulture - Level 220 Rogue
[*]Venus - Level 195 Druid[/list][/color]

imo Bladeleaf should go for warriors since it's strength/Vitality while rogue already have 2 strength/dexterity necklaces and warriors should have 2 as well both strength/vitality. But if this gets too complicated, we just have to dice all melee drops for all dps classes, excluding caster dps.

I want to insist that Stonebark helps tanks by a lot! huge difference in elemental resistances. i tanked yule with godly 50 cold resist while stonebark gives me aura of 4 godly charms combined 50 cold * 4 = 200 cold resist, as well as magic and heat resist too.
Lugh:
warrior 229
rogue 230
druid 228
ranger 228
mage 200

say no to dominant clans.

I believe that one class shouldnt get 3 drop types to themselves. I honestly believe that only the ability set and poison dmg set should get class diced.

The auras are:
+1000, fire, ice and nature magic
And
+200 poison damage

Now the way i see it is that, no warrior, rogue or ranger have any use for fire/ice/nature magic so why allow them to dice? This was discussed before. Now this really is the only set that is only useful to casters. There is a set that adds 200 to each resist which is good for tanks aswell, and there is a set that has 200 focus aura, but gives dex boost on items. Useful on rogues and rangers as well as casters. So no real reason to class dice these.

Then theres the poison aura, this is obviously a dps aura. BUT warriors will like it too, warriors dont mind the dmg boost and str boost and some tanks wouldnt mind the defence from dex. Sure ideally rogue/ranger should get them but that would be unfair in terms of drops distribution.

There are other str/dex ammys that give dmg boosts sure but what else that isnt useful to other classes can casters only use? None.

This is where trades and gold comes in handy, this will boost the economy of lugh as we have very little high level gold trades. Now i personally wouldnt mind winning any of these items and each would sell for unimaginable amounts of gold but you all have to realise that we need a fair dicing system where we get the best of both worlds.

Either we all dice for drops, how we have diced in regards to mordy/aggy/hrung or we dice with an equal opportunity.
Lukov lvl 205 rogue
Lukov4 lvl 199 druid
Lukov2 lvl 63 warrior able to shield bash Aggy
Helpfullukov lvl 197 mage. Part three of the lukov combo
skywalker1 lvl 100 ranger
Expansion update 4 & destiny beta tester

If we had to choose something right now, I'd side with Vult's suggestion. Its very easy to go on and on about how certain people play certain classes differently than others. These items that offer vit/focus and vit/str make it an item that's very debatable on class usefulness. However, the longer we stay idle on making a decision, the amount of these items are dropping into ineffective hands increases.

This discussion/argument can take place for weeks (because some don't check forums as often as others and others don't participate at all on the forums), there's always going to be an argument that can be made for one class being eligible for a certain item, but I strongly advise anyone that does participate in these discussions to give a +1 to Vult, or suggest your own fair way and not waste everyone's time as to why you think you can benefit from a certain item that is not currently listed for your class.

+1 Vult

+1

I agree with Vult's proposal, that way we can maximize the benefits of the drops when it goes to the classes they help the most.

The 200 boss is fairly new and is causing a bit of misunderstanding between all of us. Coming up with a concrete solution on the distribution of drops or how it should be rolled such as this one is the way to go.

When this is established then we'd be more structured. Keep calm and just share how you think we can resolve this. We must be grateful that OTM came up with such great drops for a change. Getting the sets for as many players will now be our challenge. We can do this, just a hurdle guys, jump over it.
World: LUGH
Class: Mage(reytch)-Rogue(OnceBitten)-Druid(TwiceShy)
Level: 221-223-205
RETIRED

World: EPONA
Clan: SizeMatters
Class: Mage(Mahikera/Niebe/ChocolateMastah)-Rogue(Balisong)-Druid(Albularya)-Warrior(Mandarangan)-Ranger(Palaso)
Level: 225/224/170-224-233-226-225

Relax folks...everything RESPAWNS!
I'm a MIRROR, how I treat you is a mere reflection of how you are to me.

...give a +1 to Vult, or suggest your own fair way and not waste everyone's time as to why you think you can benefit from a certain item that is not currently listed for your class.

+1 Vult
I suppose giving your own suggestion as to why you think a certain class deserves certain items is suggesting your fair version....

Let me word that better....What I meant was, instead of replying with arguments to Vult's initial suggestion, just reply with your own table of classifications to put up for vote. We should really get this cleared up as quick as possible imo.