Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

suggestion for level 190 mordris drops

Hi,
The rule has been that all roll the level 190 req drop then if a person below 188 wins the highest roll we do a re-roll.
Today some void spear dropped and a player below 188 won.
The second re-roll caused everyone above 188 to roll again.
I feel this is unfair to the person below 188 and i would like to suggest this:

If a level below 188 wins, he does re-roll only with the second highest dicer, not everybody else anew. Especially that the winner had a huge amount of people re-rolling against him. It's impossible for him to be lucky and roll highest for the second time, against a massive amount of people. it's like we are telling the lower level to not even bother dicing, because we will always win. If you try to calculate it with probability equation the low level gets no chance to win, even if we are sending him the message politely that he can't.
The best way to be fair with the highest roller who is below 188 is to just make the second highest dicer re-roll with him.
Like a tie situation. (only the 188- who rolled 94 and the 188+ who rolled 93.)

Please consider this.
Thank you.
Lugh:
warrior 229
rogue 230
druid 228
ranger 228
mage 200

say no to dominant clans.

Re: suggestion for level 190 mordris drops

I thought the rule was supposed to be that if there was one person under 188, then the rest of the 188+ would get 2 rolls during that first round of dicing and the ones under 188 would get one roll.

There shouldn't be a second round of dicing where everybody 188+ rerolls with the guy that won the first round, and the guy that won the first round has to win again on a second dice.. I'm not sure why that happened.

Sorry if somebody got screwed by this. Seems like w all the ppl at dicing that this couldve been figured out correctly.

DM: void spear, melee roll!
Player A (under 188) rolls 98,
Player B (188+) rolls 30 and 90,
Player C (188+) rolls 50 and 60,
Player A wins drop.

Dear ade, if you have 40 people dicing a spear, and each is dicing twice, this requires a lot of scrolling up to check who won, knowing that you need to trust each of the dicers blindly that they diced twice not 3 times. But yeah, if we insist that everyone dices twice, then we did it the right away today.
Lugh:
warrior 229
rogue 230
druid 228
ranger 228
mage 200

say no to dominant clans.

This rule is useless for melee drops as ALL melee accounts have to be within 5 levels of using the highest drop. Why are you even using this anymore. 190 is easy from 185, give a dedicated player and they could do it in 24hrs, any other person 2weeks maximum. What a useless rule, only useful for druid and mages.
Lukov lvl 205 rogue
Lukov4 lvl 199 druid
Lukov2 lvl 63 warrior able to shield bash Aggy
Helpfullukov lvl 197 mage. Part three of the lukov combo
skywalker1 lvl 100 ranger
Expansion update 4 & destiny beta tester

The rule was created more as an incentive to get people to level. Many had stopped leveling until we made the rules with the 185 and 188 req.

I'm not sure what to do now that most of the toons have gotten to the 188 req.

Raise the req for double dicing?
Remove the rule altogether?
Go with Elle's idea?

All three options have their pros and cons.
We should probably pick one soon to avoid seeing 50+ rolls for same drop.

I think we should raise the req to 192-195. I know that'd make some people pretty mad though.

Or we become a dominant clan server and use a DKP system --- the best choice really :D
Last edited by Adebayor on Wed May 21, 2014 2:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

It is no secret that I have always been opposed to the 188+ rule.

We made the level requirement 185 for Mordris to ensure that everyone in the fight can make a significant contribution toward a successful outcome. If you are included in the fight you should have an equal chance at a drop.

It is time to put an end to the ridiculous 188+ rule.

Clan: Ancients
RogerRanger 223
RogerDruid 160+
RogerRogue 160+
RogerWarrior 150+
RogerMage 110+

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
― Daniel Patrick Moynihan

I agree the rule should go everyone 185 above should have equal chances of dicing for a drop... And no Ade lugh will not become a one clan dominant server has you have always wanted many clans work together as they always have Alliance already tries to run and control lock bosses down with your grp of rogues to change drops around it has been noticed and remarked upon by many. :o