Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: NEW DL DROPS SYSTEM

To prioritize dl and teamwork, I support Conversation about server-helpful levels and activity.

+Levels Up. Maybe gotta demonstrate diligent and wise ability to reach max mob level (MML now 190) and how quickly and courteously to/with others?

+Activity Stays Up. Maybe wanna volunteer for both big boss fights and for noob boss fights - in critical and sometimes costly roles (not atm ad avoiding restos), and be maxing abilities to survive bleeding-edge battles (currently necro).

We each have a mental list, and I appreciate hearing others reasons to enrich my reasons, my own activity, and my understanding of our teammates.
OTM: 6s+ running iOS 10.3

gingerkhan (warrior) 200+ .. agent99 (rogue) 200+
ancient member of craven .. current member of ancients

Do you guys like being the last world to kill anything? We will be lucky to kill necro by end of summer. You are all too nice and laid back about our current system.

Reyrey explained it pretty well. It's so stupid to me that we allow one person to keep a crown for 6 months, another for 4, etc.

The only reason I can see to keep our current system is so we don't feel bad about people being left out. I'm sick of it. The rest of you voting no are only saying that because you're not on the list or some other selfish reason.

We could probably get 10 weapons just from the crowns sitting in stashes. That might be enough to kill necro on a good run.

Quit worrying about your reputations and lets start making this world productive again. It's a lot easier to just vote for the current system, but we suck under this current system. Lets start forcing some hands and become the major power that we have the potential to be.

How about we expand this a bit maybe 10 of each class on list ?
If as an example we kill snorri and it drops a red crown only the people on the top 10 list for warriors would roll so there maybe only 3 there ( better chance of getting but no number 1 in list )
Now if there is no one there that is on the list then it is rolled for by class as normal.
There is nothing to stop a group of toons killing a boss if there not on the list but should they feel the need to call a higher level to help they risk the chance of lossing what ever class drop that player is .
Hopefully this will help the lower levels get better as they would need to sort there own straturgys for these fights rather than wait for the higher levels come along and take over.
This would also mean the players on each list would need to turn up to the fights and not think its there right just to be given ( got to be in it to win it)
As for sorting who should be on each list i think we need to decide that maybe between chieftans maybe 2 from each clan and as they get kitted are replaced on list .this would also mean if a cheiftan doesnt think a player is pulling his weight the cheiftan could replace with another.
Last edited by Calumallen on Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

First off, I love Ade's tenacity. Its good that someone wants to push the server and move forward. I'm also happy to see that the topic has switched off whining and started to get some constructive criticism and ideas.

I do not have an answer for the entire situation. Making any kind of list would be arbitrary and open for debate. Forcing items from the hands of others will cause resentment. These reasons are why I would 'consider' the selling of DL items. I am aware of the fallout at first with prices sky-rocketing. I also remember an old proposed agreement where we would allow it after Halloween. We were also supposed to have killed Mordris around then. I'm not exactly sure what happened because I'm not looking for those topics atm.

This is a good start to get everyone's minds going and figure something out. I know many of you on this server and I believe that there is absolutely enough brain power to solve this. Even a bad idea can be taken apart and turned into a positive idea.

Rogues - I looked at the top 20 and I'm conflicted on exactly what order I would put players. I definitely believe Vulture deserves his weapon based on his infinite game experience and time camping. I also can relate to a certain agreement where I was supposed to help someone and receive help in return, just like Vulture mentioned. It didnt exactly work out. If you only know him from seeing him in-game, then let me say that once you get to know him as a player and a person he is very knowledgeable and quite willing to help others. Maybe he'll even begin to level again!!! :) Instant is in my
clan and while it sounds biased, he is a really good rogue. He has made it his main character and is leveling very nicely. I dont need to make a case for Azz. Everyone knows him. After those 3 it could be almost anyone. There are a variety of levels and activity and length of play time and ability.

Keep the ideas flowing and try to stay constructive. Thanks.

-vir

+1 very good idea Callu! Maybe up top 10 for warriors and rogues, top 5 for mages and rangers, and 5-10 for druids (after a few mages and rangers, it starts dipping into the 170s).

Lets try to get a little more feedback from others about this and maybe implement it at the end of the week if we can agree to it.

Anything that helps the people eligible for necro get their weps is good with me :)

Hello all.....I'd just like to say I was a bit upset about this idea because first off, there was talk about levels to dice for the end bosses. I took time to level my toon and not do any bosses so I could "qualify" to dice for mordi and necro. So for all of you you who didnt know, I didnt make the "list" originally. I'm on there because I was upset about it. I believe most of us are friends here and we can all be reasonable when it comes to helping each other get what we need but i dont like the idea of a "list" per se. If we have all took the time to level to kill sreng and above....we should all make it on the list! Idk how levels below are getting those valuable drops, but whoever is hoarding, stashing, and just giving to clannies or friends when they arent properly leveled, then it needs to stop. This server has always tried to work together on an honor system and I am really disappointed that this is happening. So please look at the big picture and help make this server stronger. Let's make an effort to build each other up and not tear each other down. I'm sorry Ade, You may be close on an idea that could work, but i cant agree on this one. With that said, it is an idea and we should keep ideas flowing. I am sorry I was so upset yesterday Ade, I hope this better explains why. I love all my fellow druids and I want us to stay close and help each other as much and quickly as we can. I dont think we need a list to prove who is more deserving than another.

~Sabre

If we do a list, it should not be decided by chieftans, but by classes. It would not be right to have a bunch of rogues decide which warrior gets his or her weapon first, etc. They're separate. Also nobody but a warrior would pay as much attention to other warriors at fight. I know it's this way for rogues, and undoubtedly it is for the rest.
And also, Callu's idea is good in a way, but easily can be bad. Say it's a list of 10 rogues, only one shows up at the fight right as Snorri spawns. By Callu's reasoning that one rogue is the only one available to dice, which means 100% guarantee of winning if it drops. There could be 15 other rogues sitting camping Snorri, putting in the time, and then of course not getting even a small chance at winning the drop.
Perhaps if nothing else, similar to Mordris dicing should be used since you all like that so much. Instead of 188+, it's anyone who is on the "List of Preference" that gets two rolls instead of one. Keeps things more fair, which is what Lugh has always strived for. We shouldn't change that now.
Just a thought.

WEll first off, I typed a very long response to this and deleted. The juice was not worth the sqeeze :lol: .

HOWEVER; There are major problems with our current system and with any system that we have.

1. Too many ppl that borrow, dont pay back.

2. Too many ppl hold in backpacks.

3. Too many ppl take items and give to friends who do not help out the majority of LUgh.

4. Too many ppl dicing for items they do not need.

How to remedy? No real solution. Some (Natedog and Replay) volutarily give up items. Others (no names mentioned, but you know who you are) would never ever give up an item unless you owed it or it benefits you. If you are one of the first (Chears). If you are one the second (Jeers) and I truly hope you live your life different than you play this game.

Ask yourself what is most important to YOU. Doing bosses and not being the last server for everything. Or having a diplomatic LUgh. I personally, see both sides of this.

And yes Heli and vult, i was away from game for exactly 34 days, taking care of my dieing mother. During that time I owed Vultuer 1 green crown. As soon as i got back and actually got my dice to not flunk out, I won a green crown and immediately repaid vult. A few days later i was only druid there and got a second green crown. I loaned this to fry to get dl weapon. Dulci also instructed Fry to give me the crown that she owes her. On that same day, Aswero asked me for a green horn, (which I loaned). I am yet to see aswero at a boss fight. So how does this help lugh????

Why do we keep giving items to ppl who wont help the majority??? And yes Im guilty of this too.

The list system may help to get ppl equipped but not sure if it is worth the problems it creates. If a list system is implimented, it has to be done by majority, and should take into acct level, activity, and camping history. No one should ever recieve an item if they are not willing to camp themselves.
AZZSAVER (DRUID 183+), SNEAKYAZZ (ROGUE 183+), BADAZZ (WARRIOR 144+)retired, MADMAC (RANGER 83)retarded lol