Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Recent racist offensive joke in ZERK clan chat

I don't understand how you guys have the time playing CH, you must be so busy trying to ban Monty Python's Life of Brian, the Naked Gun movies etc etc etc.

For those of you who still believe humor has an important mission, I will recommend following the Iranian Atheist/Agnostic movement on facebook.

I would also recommend reading some of the humorous angles used by (lesbian, I hesitantly add for this instance although its not really something I would otherwise emphasize as her sexuality is in my opinion a personal matter and irrelevant beyondthe fact that Islam today punishes homosexuality with death) islam reformist Irshad Manji.

Nothing funny about the Nazi occupation of Norway (and other countries) or about treason, but here we go:
Last edited by HrFnasemos on Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Attachments
quisling.jpg
A 1944 cartoon in Sweden (which remained tenuously neutral and unoccupied during the war) indicates that Quisling had already made his name a byword for treachery. The caption reads:
“I am Quisling.”
“And the name?”
quisling.jpg (41.18 KiB) Viewed 1320 times
Lugh - clan Ancients
Derken - Warrior (general)
Pointy - Rogue
Glob - Ranger
IsleOfLamp - Mage
Herculager - Warrior
Kefse - Druid

Moderators seriously need to lock this!!

~Sabre
Hi, Sabre.
Why lock it? Its a topic on making offensive jokes, and the thread follows up with a discussion about whether there is a line between acceptable and unacceptable humor related to a topic, or if certain topics should never be mentioned or hinted at in humor. The latter is the necessary conclusion if there is no line between the acceptable and unacceptable, and is in my opinion a rather dogmatic approach.
Lugh - clan Ancients
Pointy - Rogue
Glob - Ranger
IsleOfLamp - Mage
Herculager - Warrior
Kefse - Druid

Have you not heard....if you can't say anything nice....dont say it at all!!
I have nothing nice to say about female genital mutilation, but I will not stay quiet about the topic. Did you help raise awareness on february 6th?

My favorite quote on the matter was an old Somali woman justifying FGM with "A circumcised woman will cook better rice". Obvious humor potential even though the subject matter is horrible.

Putting a taboo on anything unpleasant does not make the world a better place, although it might make it less unpleasant for those who are never affected.
Lugh - clan Ancients
Pointy - Rogue
Glob - Ranger
IsleOfLamp - Mage
Herculager - Warrior
Kefse - Druid