Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: mordy dicing

it seems some of the people who voted for the 188 thing are more willing to allow normal dicing (180). i am not certain if that is true or not.

for mordy 3 - i expect we will do normal dicing rules (180 can dice), but we are limiting to 5 grps (40 people). Hopefully this will be seen as reasonable.
Civility, Integrity, and the Hermeneutic of Generosity

World: Lugh
Akbar: Ranger 220+
DrXyn-Druid 180+
Xyn: Mage 170+
Rabka: Rogue 150+
Rabak: Warrior 90+
Clan: Chieftain of Ancients

ok, i hear people letting me that 180+ is fine and other saying that lots want 188+ (i am referring to the 190+ crowd).

time to own up. where are we at? who is not going to fight if dicing is open to all?

it is not my intention to make this decision. since there is not dominant clan - certainly not one that can take mordy, i feel the democratic method is the best way. some disagree - well, that is part of democracy lol.

many have said that lots didnt vote - well, we cant help that. i am perfectly willing to have another vote as people think about the issues and the effects. however, this issue has already cause one player (with offhand) to not fight, just because they dont want to deal with the fighting about drops.

i dont really understand why this issue is so much more contentious then the other bosses. we have all seen drops go in strange ways, frustrating maybe, but we move on. the limiting of groups and people will take care of any free rider issues (anyone who isnt doing their job wont be back next time).

DrXyn-Druid 180+

Should be 185+ req for all classes and everyone can dice, just makes it fair for everyone but this won't happen of course with people saying druids/mages are useful at 180 or whatever

So instead, we should just do what we do with every boss, within 10 levels below or go level up and join us next time.

+1 to limiting to 5 groups thoug

Lugh
[list][*]Vulture - Level 220 Rogue
[*]Venus - Level 195 Druid[/list][/color]

another option we occasionally used, if the drop is one you cannot use yet (because of lvl requirement) - you get one roll while those who can use it (at or above the lvl) get two rolls.

DrXyn-Druid 180+

At the last fight, Adebayor told me/us that she would not fight if 190 drops were not limited to 188+. She was convinced that Smart, Fury, and Reytch would also refuse to fight (out of solidarity with her, perhaps since they are not over 188). I personally would not join such a boycott.

I'm merely reporting what she said publicly. But I personally interpreted those statements as boycotting the fight and removing enough mages that we might not be able to execute the mage Priestess-freezing strategy. We need at least 4, with 5 being preferable. Thus making it impossible to fight Mordris (with our current battle plan), which I inferred was her intention.

I don't know if she still holds that position, but I don't think she has a forum account, so we may not see her opinion or plans here. If someone has permission to speak for her, please do so.

Regarding the 185+ to fight position, I'm fine with that for dps. I don't necessarily agree for mages & druids (Vulture/Venus idea), but would abide by the decision if it is made. I will caution that we have a limited number of mages over 185: Ade, Shen, Fury are the only ones I can think of.
LongCool: 190+ mage
lcthief: 170+ rogue
lcwitchy: 85+ druid
Proud General of Clan Aftermath

no boycott for me. i will help everytime im asked to. that has always been my stand provided im not busy or doing something else i will lend a hand. i was not there cause i have work. actually, i think i will never be able to do mordy with the schedule...hehe...my offs are Sundays and Mondays. im working until 4pm est on Saturdays. so ima MIA for mordy unless a different schedule is agreed upon.
World: LUGH
Class: Mage(reytch)-Rogue(OnceBitten)-Druid(TwiceShy)
Level: 221-223-205
RETIRED

World: EPONA
Clan: SizeMatters
Class: Mage(Mahikera/Niebe/ChocolateMastah)-Rogue(Balisong)-Druid(Albularya)-Warrior(Mandarangan)-Ranger(Palaso)
Level: 225/224/170-224-233-226-225

Relax folks...everything RESPAWNS!
I'm a MIRROR, how I treat you is a mere reflection of how you are to me.

another option we occasionally used, if the drop is one you cannot use yet (because of lvl requirement) - you get one roll while those who can use it (at or above the lvl) get two rolls.
I like this solution. It seems to be a good compromise between the two extremes. I would like to hear what others would think of this.
(Not active at the moment)
SmartOne: level 191 Mage
SneakyOne: level 185 Rogue
Learn about Lugh ➙ http://bit.ly/15My6OK
"The trouble ain't that there are too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right."
-Mark Twain

The way i have always pictured it. Getting a drop even 10 levels oustide your current level is an encouragement booster. Encouragement to level. At those high levels i have heard many people say they wont level past 180/185. And now you give them no immediate encouragement. No dicing for a drop isnt immediate encouragement. Getting a drop you cant use immediately is immediate encouragement.

Ill give you an example. My first aggy brace. I was only 110 when i got it. How long did it take me to level to 130 less than a week. 5 levels if done properly can take 4days at 185. No you cannot say i havent been there. I know some people have lives outside this game. I know it may seem like an unrealistic timer for 5 levels. But why restrict people from dicing for these 190 drops. They can easily make it to 190 before the next mordris or even the one after that.

Why further complicate the dicing methods when they have worked so effectively before. And just enjoy the fact that we dont say that whoever gets lock keeps drops.
Lukov lvl 205 rogue
Lukov4 lvl 199 druid
Lukov2 lvl 63 warrior able to shield bash Aggy
Helpfullukov lvl 197 mage. Part three of the lukov combo
skywalker1 lvl 100 ranger
Expansion update 4 & destiny beta tester

Umm... Theres another boss waiting to be killed. The Necro? If u need an item for motivation to level then why bother joining the fight? At this point we need the best players available. Also, Necro will be 190 req no arguing. I'm feeding everyone more motivation. 191 is doable. It's not that difficult. Getting past 191 can be very time consuming and 192,193 are very very time consuming.

Motivation to level WILL make any and all fights easier. Plus necro is being nerfed.
Lukov lvl 205 rogue
Lukov4 lvl 199 druid
Lukov2 lvl 63 warrior able to shield bash Aggy
Helpfullukov lvl 197 mage. Part three of the lukov combo
skywalker1 lvl 100 ranger
Expansion update 4 & destiny beta tester