Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Forum Guides...

What exactly is the roll of a Forum Guide as opposed to a Forum Moderator? I didn't even know there were Forum Guides up until a couple of weeks ago. I always was a slow learner, in life as well as this game (failed all school tests with flying colours). Also is Community the boss Moderator or are they all equal? I saw it is Community who writes out all the announcements which is why I ask that.

Re: Forum Guides...

Guides are chosen by Otm and will be given the dark blue name. They try to help people as good as they possibily can.
The guides are also chosen due to forum activity and their constructive feedback.
They will have their own forum section shared with admins and moderators. Any problems can be talked over and discussed + anything worthy to be posted there.
Moderators are kind of the same but have added moderate options.

The community account is a shared account used by a few OTM staff. This accoumt was "Community Luthias" in the past and if someone wonders who can be contacted now instead of Luthias I'd say it's the lady called Morgana. :)
Admin is the head as far as I'm aware. The almighty.
Follow me & keep in contact :D
Instagram

Twitch Profile

Skenkee's Tavern

Like my name for example

Community is managed by Kodelia currently I believe, not Morgana.

And yes, Skenkee is correct, we "guide" people the best we can, at what we can. Swan is a very good example, look for one of her posts.
★ℚʊɛɛɳ øƒ Ғɑṩɧɪøɳ
iOS Player since 2011
Name: Killerado
World: Morrigan
I'm a Forums Guide, if you need help feel free to PM me
Rainbow Color
ケルトの戦士 (Keruto no senshi, Celtic Warriors)
Esquilax is the best!

Guides are sort of like museum docents.
"Welcome to Celtic Heroes, how can I help you? Ahh, you would like to know what the best rogue skills are, well it just so happens there is a great thread on that here....."

We don't have any special privileges, cannot lock or edit the posts of others, and don't really have any special connection to OTM (other than a guide forum)

Mostly we are here to answer questions (as best we can) and try to steer people in the right direction.

Ta 180 Druid, Keri 191 Mage, June 102 Warrior, Rex 182 Rogue
Proud AvaloNian

Zapper wrote:Jonsa is a forum guide?

Indeed she is.

Proud Clansman of Avalon
“Knowledge talks, wisdom listens.”
“Don’t let your victories go to your head, or your failures go to your heart.”

If you need any advice, tips or have any questions don't hesitate to PM me

Skenkee wrote:Guides are chosen by Otm and will be given the dark blue name. They try to help people as good as they possibily can.
The guides are also chosen due to forum activity and their constructive feedback.
They will have their own forum section shared with admins and moderators. Any problems can be talked over and discussed + anything worthy to be posted there.
Moderators are kind of the same but have added moderate options.

The community account is a shared account used by a few OTM staff. This accoumt was "Community Luthias" in the past and if someone wonders who can be contacted now instead of Luthias I'd say it's the lady called Morgana. :)
Admin is the head as far as I'm aware. The almighty.

Most guides were not chosen based on what I would call useful information or necessary. I see mainly just bursts of "impressive" equations and drawn out guides , with little relevance to actual issues with the combat system, loot, player efficacy, and other prime issues. I bring these issues up continually over the past couple of years and they are never changed or even stickied as good ideas. And they solve common issues that if implemented, would ease much of the tension between player and game frustration, but i digress. It is a moot point for me to keep feeding great feedback and ideas to the higher levels if they will not listen. I want open communication and it seems as if that still doesnt happen. I even report the threads as useful and it doesnt get stickied or even kept trending . I would like to see them communicate a bit more.
Pdizz
Warrior
Morrigan
Clan Avalon

OTM doesn't really monitor forum posts or how accurate they are on each applicant. It would be impossible. Everything is done subjectively and obviously there are those who stand out and those who make an impression (good or bad) stick in people's minds. Most of it come from the application, just like in real life, the school/job applications or resumes or CVs are the first things hiring managers or recruiters see. In the absence of an interview, that is all they have to go with and if you impress them with your application, you just increase your chances tenfold of being accepted.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

Zapper wrote:Jonsa is a forum guide?

Have been since second wave was announced :)
★ℚʊɛɛɳ øƒ Ғɑṩɧɪøɳ
iOS Player since 2011
Name: Killerado
World: Morrigan
I'm a Forums Guide, if you need help feel free to PM me
Rainbow Color
ケルトの戦士 (Keruto no senshi, Celtic Warriors)
Esquilax is the best!

Jonsa wrote:Like my name for example

Community is managed by Kodelia currently I believe, not Morgana.

And yes, Skenkee is correct, we "guide" people the best we can, at what we can. Swan is a very good example, look for one of her posts.

no kodelia and morgana have their own accounts. community is a shared one
pigman, with the fury of the pigs and the mind of a man
level 210+ rogue
Morrigan
Avalon
put your pants on, we're going out