proud member of uprising!

Re: Why Rage at Bolas???

Haha I know him rangers bolas me but in the end I kill them :p
my chars!: creator/minervaa/CreDPS/lanu
There jobs!: tank/dex/dps/healer
Class!: warrior/ranger/rogue/driud
proud member of uprising!

Yup. But I didn't rage, I explained why, and I will again.. Although it's not completely unfair, it still is.
So people say that shield bash and bolas are same thing(just for example), not really, in fact, when you look at it, bolas is much better with a 30 second duration of effect and a 30 second cool down, whereas the shield bash skill lasts for 5 seconds, and has a 30 second cool down as well. Usually, if you shield bash first, and nearly kill the ranger instantly, they just bolas you and head off and heal a lot, then your back to square one, except now you can't get to them, your regen has not refilled your energy back, and your taking a lot of arrows to the face. So I'm not sure about other classes, but I'm putting down a bet that that can effect every class, even Druids and mages (because rangers have more range to their attacks). Though without the bolas, rangers are like cutting through butter, so they still need it, just it should be weakened to 15 seconds of effect, so that they can't keep you in a permanent bolas, because honestly that's the only problem I have with it, the endless state of being in a bolas the whole match.
I'll say it louder for you.

Yup. But I didn't rage, I explained why, and I will again.. Although it's not completely unfair, it still is.
So people say that shield bash and bolas are same thing(just for example), not really, in fact, when you look at it, bolas is much better with a 30 second duration of effect and a 30 second cool down, whereas the shield bash skill lasts for 5 seconds, and has a 30 second cool down as well. Usually, if you shield bash first, and nearly kill the ranger instantly, they just bolas you and head off and heal a lot, then your back to square one, except now you can't get to them, your regen has not refilled your energy back, and your taking a lot of arrows to the face. So I'm not sure about other classes, but I'm putting down a bet that that can effect every class, even Druids and mages (because rangers have more range to their attacks). Though without the bolas, rangers are like cutting through butter, so they still need it, just it should be weakened to 15 seconds of effect, so that they can't keep you in a permanent bolas, because honestly that's the only problem I have with it, the endless state of being in a bolas the whole match.
it's already 15seconds in pvp...
Wattzon of Sulis

All classes have skills to help kill certain builds...
If a ranger uses bolas, a rogue can just sneaky attack before this, a Druid can keep healing, a Mage isn't affected and a warrior can beat the ranger to bolas by using shield bash.
All classes have their advantages and disadvantages over othes
:lol:
MatturiasRanger150
MatturiazRogue151
YggdrasillDruidNoob

Have you tried using sneaky before they pull off bolas? It's a good idea but it only does a few hundred dmg. It is certainly not a one hit kill. Unless I sink all my points into vit and wait for rangers to run out of energy (which is even less likely after this recent patch) I'm a sitting duck for the rest of the match. I do think rangers should have bolas but the cooldown should be slightly longer than the duration of the effect.
Mabon:
Dogorcat3--lvl 183--rogue--Elite