Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Clan Aithne: It means fire

Well we've been around for about a year and some change and people ask me pretty frequently "What does Aithne mean?"

It is Gaelic for FIRE and it's an apropos name for why we even bother to play. We are a beacon or the weirdos and we hold a fire to the standard way of playing on this server.

The founders of Aithne have all been on this server since right around 2011 (+/- a few months): Mene, Arj, PBR, Brahm, and me Q. We have all been in Rele and/or Soli at some point and have a feel for elite clans...and we wanted something different. Aithne are the weirdos of Gwydion who play for the social element. Our rule #1 is to play for fun (see the website below). Yeah, yeah, yeah...an elite clan is supposed to gear up, kill the bosses quick, then "end game." Not our thing. CH is not a job. We play for fun, to be kind, to be social, and also to create diversity on the server. Preventing the server from becoming a one clan server is important! Aithne is a diverse family of players and we know we are an acquired taste. Check us out if you have ever felt alone in a clan full of players or upset that no one has time to actually just stop and chat with you or you think that a good general should occasionally PL a player or help the lower levels finish quests. That's our vibe. Check our website for vision, mission, rules, etc.

https://clanaithne.wixsite.com/aithne
The only true failure is to never try.

Re: Clan Aithne: It means fire

Just Q....hmm reminds me of a guy I used to know named Quercos. Started a clan named "Them" that had a lot of the same social goals as Aithne....could it be the same guy?!?

Edit: Lol just read your other post! It is Quercos! Long time no see!
Psalm 46:10 He says, "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."

Solumbum-200
WeldenS-36
BlodgarmS-35
EragonS-27

Junior Journalist of the Dal Riata Daily Enquirer

Proud Clansman of Divergent

Sounds great! Wish you guys the best of luck :)

Would be helpful to know what the application requirements are for new players if you have any.
We don't like applications so we don't do them. Too much like RL work. All the gens are hard working adults in RL so we try not to make CH like working. The lvl req info is on the website. We like lvl 115 or higher but that just a guideline. The most important req is that the player is in it to have fun and enhance the social element that Aithne thrives on.

Thanks for the well wishes :)

Just Q....hmm reminds me of a guy I used to know named Quercos. Started a clan named "Them" that had a lot of the same social goals as Aithne....could it be the same guy?!?

Edit: Lol just read your other post! It is Quercos! Long time no see!
Indeed, it is Quercos. I am still the heathen druid who bathes in the poo falls in the sewer. I haven't changed my way of playing much either.

Aithne is very similar in vision to Clan Them. That was a rad clan (oh the memories). You'll recognize a lot of the old players from Them and Soli back when Soli was on the top of the server in our little clan. Stop in and say "Hello!" :D

Nice to see clans growing strong and taking initiatives such as creating websites.

All the best to the fire clan Aithne!
Hey old friend, thanks for the kudos.
We here at Aithne respect Rele and your clan's dominance of the server; none can deny that it is impressive. Rele's dominion over the server has created a server dynamic that some think takes away part of the fun in gaming - competition. So...in a roundabout way, Aithne formed in response to that lopsided sway. Thanks.

Now, we know that some players in Rele may see this desire of Aithne to create competition as unwelcome but please know we see it as a way to improve the gaming experience for all players on the server. Think of Aithne as the "Other Elite Clan" for the less serious weirdo players who think 24 hour boss timer calls are rude (did I mention that most of the leadership is over 30 years old and work a lot?). To ensure that this competition remains fun for all players, we have created an internal policy of no pulling adds, helping others once we've lost the lock, and always being kind enough to say "GJ!" Even when we've lost. No one likes a sore loser. We've noticed Rele (and Soli) have begun doing the same and we appreciate you. Let's keep this friendly competition going! See you at a boss soon :)

PS: If you hear of an Aithne member being uncivil at a boss, just let one of our gens or guards know and we will do the same. It's as easy as sending a post. We've all been playing too long to have this game be a source of strife.

Cheers!