Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Noob hating

TBH,
I give away stuff at random. I often ask people to give back when they dont need the item(s) anymore. It is a way for me to find out who is the honest one out there as well and I have recruited some extremely good people that way.
If someone ask me how much an item is I always ask them to make me an offer. Often, I will tell them no as one kid did just yesterday. I told him it was too much! They really appreciate it in the end.
I try to be a nice guy and I get a lot more personnal satisfaction from people who genuinely thank me for my actions.
I will also help noobs and not so noobs at random.
One thing that does bother me tho is people asking for gold. I don't know why, but I tend to tell them to go kill mobs instead of begging.
Within my clan, I will give away and loan items others sell for profit. I believe in helping others and that every once in a while, I will get baxk in return.
This happened to me once when a new recruit I had helped tremendously just gave me a Godly Wyrmfang brace when we trainned. He received much more in return afterwards from me.

As Frumentari said, Random Act of Kindness go a long way sometimes, but make sure you do it on your own terms.
Don't get me wrong, I do not like beggers, but I will always lend a hand if I can and have the time.

As for you Cran, I have 1k you can have. Interrest is double every day u dont pay, hehe

Have Fun Gang and keep it real!
Abigail - Druid lvl 142 - Solitaire General
Tabatha - Rogue lvl 149 - Solitaire
MrNiceGuy- Warrior lvl 126 - Bloodgrove Guardian

I like to kill noobs in the arena, at random, unannounced.
This practice has led to multiple positive relationships.

I find that killing noobs is by far the best way to play this game. And the good karma from these acts pays off, let me tell ya!
Why just the other day I was minding my own business, taking a whack at Ragnor, when a higher lev came up and knocked me out cold. It was great!
This just goes to show that random acts of kindness tend to come back to you, so that in the end, you aren't just helping others, you're helping yourself too.

True story.

Ok, maybe not. But I do kill brown rabbits occasionally.
Kril - Chief Editor, The Dal Riata Enquirer
lev 228 Rogue - Gwydion

Clan Relentless

Give a man a flame, you warm him for a day.
Set a man aflame, you warm him for the rest of his life.

TBH,
I give away stuff at random. I often ask people to give back when they dont need the item(s) anymore. It is a way for me to find out who is the honest one out there as well and I have recruited some extremely good people that way.
If someone ask me how much an item is I always ask them to make me an offer. Often, I will tell them no as one kid did just yesterday. I told him it was too much! They really appreciate it in the end.
I try to be a nice guy and I get a lot more personnal satisfaction from people who genuinely thank me for my actions.
One thing that does bother me tho is people asking for gold. I don't know why, but I tend to tell them to go kill mobs instead of begging.
Within my clan, I will give away and loan items others sell for profit. I believe in helping others and that every once in a while, I will get baxk in return.
This happened to me once when a new recruit I had helped tremendously just gave me a Godly Wyrmfang brace when we trainned. He received much more in return afterwards from me.

As Frumentari said, Random Act of Kindness go a long way sometimes, but make sure you do it on your own terms.
Don't get me wrong, I do not like beggers, but I will always lend a hand if I can and have the time.

As for you Cran, I have 1k you can have. Interrest is double every day u dont pay, hehe

Yes, Abi is one of the nicest people I have ever met/will meet in this game ;)
Jawz || Lan || Spark

TBH,

Nicer than Shep? :)
Wattzon of Sulis

TBH,

if he is so nice why isn't he in Clan them? We are clearly the nicest clan on the server :)
Hurling invectives just feels right.

You all are pathetic, Random Act of Kindness doesnt need to be mentioned after you did it. that was just for your own personal satisfaction. If you still had to tell us in detail of how many gold or items you have been given, clearly told me you want to get respect from people who read this. I tend to think that this was just a clan advertisement. I still believe there are many other people in your world, who have given things much more than you, but they might have already forgot about it and never expect to be respected or mentioned again in the future.

So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do on the streets, to be honored by others. But when you give to the poor, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving will be in secret.

Have fun on your RAK :D :D :D

When I was lvling up i never asked for gold or items, just help with quests etc, which many ppl did and i now help as many ppl as i can,
when I was low lvl I was always asked for gold it is annoying admittedly.
I never give gold to low lvl more so items i would merely drop or bank from crowns to garlands, armour etc to low lvl guys who don't ask for it, purely random.
I believe a random act of kindness is greater than purely giving to those who ask and quite probably out to scam (not including trusted friends in this i will give anything to those without question)

You all are pathetic, Random Act of Kindness doesnt need to be mentioned after you did it. that was just for your own personal satisfaction. If you still had to tell us in detail of how many gold or items you have been given, clearly told me you want to get respect from people who read this. I tend to think that this was just a clan advertisement. I still believe there are many other people in your world, who have given things much more than you, but they might have already forgot about it and never expect to be respected or mentioned again in the future.

So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do on the streets, to be honored by others. But when you give to the poor, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving will be in secret.

Have fun on your RAK :D :D :D
You know WartThong you are right. I reread what I posted and it does come across a bit like gloating, and for that I apologize. Sometimes I come across as a bit arrogant which I blame on being incredibly handsome, stunningly intelligent, and a tender lover. Sometimes it is hard to be modest. Compounding all this is the fact that I rather enjoy playing the game and forum posting while drinking a nice smoky scotch. Sometimes it takes a positive good minded individual like you to point out my flaws (the few that there are) and for that I thank you.
The principle of what I posted is there though. At the heart of it, what I intended to point out was that regardless of the cost of the item kindness should be at the forefront of one's mind rather than greed. The list that I drafted was merely representative items that I felt many people actually charge too much for in this game. Greed does indeed rule this server. If you look at the insanity currently happening over Dragon Lord armor and how one clan can offer a formerly loyal player a breastplate then viola! that person becomes a turncoat overnight.. Greed has long been the ultimate currency on Gwydion, I simply wish to generate as much change away from that as possible. Kindness is my weapon, immodesty is my flaw.
Being nice and having fun is worth more than 20 DL breastplates.
Hurling invectives just feels right.

I'm not from Gwydion but overall on every server, there's a large number of beggers. And they don't just ask for gold anymore... They ask for my gear which, was a huge pain to get. Usual begger situation:

Person: can i plz have ur blade
Me: no
Person: plz plz plz
Me: can you just stop begging
Person: plz can i have blade

When I'm in a good mood, I buy noobs full sets of armour. But when they beg, I just don't like the fact they don't realise they need to get stuff theirselves. When I was lvl 25 (ranger), this random guy gave me a sun disc (worth about 12k at the time) and told me to sell it. I said
thanks and I later sold it for 10-12k. All I can say is, be nice, you get things. Work hard, you get things. End of story.
World- Sulis
FrostKnight- LVL 222 Ranger
FrostDagger- LVL 198 Rogue
Sancus- LVL 197 Mage