Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Subpar Gear = No Rolls?

#11
YURIAN wrote:1st- If an amazing item drops, we don’t want someone who wore bad gear and didn’t do their fair share killing the boss to win it. If they were allowed to roll, let’s say they rolled 100, and I roll 99, they win, but do they deserve it? No. They wouldn’t have contributed nearly as much as I would’ve to that boss.

I do believe they did their fair share of killing the boss as they were there as long as everyone else so I don't see why wouldn't they deserve it? They made an effort to show up and help and in fact probably invested more resources to contribute to down the boss e.g. idols and restoration potions etc. You doing more damage than another does not take away the contribution of that other person.
YURIAN wrote:2cd- We can kill any boss, we don’t need extra damage 99% of the time, so don’t bother to show up if you can’t come prepared. That’s one less person we have to compete with in rolls anyway.

Is that really a concern? More competition? Many need better gear and a lot of drops are going to those who don't really need it as they have objectively good gear already.
Epona
Supernatura1 - Mage - Level: 153+
Full Frozen

Re: Subpar Gear = No Rolls?

#12
Gotta love when subjective measures are used in making decisions on who is allowed access to gear.

Also, how is someone supposed to get decent gear if they aren’t allowed to get it? Isn’t that the whole point of showing up to bosses, to work towards getting better gear?

Lel, whoever came up with this rule just wanted more power to pick and choose who can compete with them for gear.
Gwydion - Top Meme of Relentless
BobsYourUncle 222 Fire Mage

Stubborn 220 Warrior (Tank)

Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
boymclir wrote:Bob The God

Shadae wrote:This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?

Accepting free Phoenix eggs :shock:

Re: Subpar Gear = No Rolls?

#13
Supernatura1 wrote:
YURIAN wrote:1st- If an amazing item drops, we don’t want someone who wore bad gear and didn’t do their fair share killing the boss to win it. If they were allowed to roll, let’s say they rolled 100, and I roll 99, they win, but do they deserve it? No. They wouldn’t have contributed nearly as much as I would’ve to that boss.

I do believe they did their fair share of killing the boss as they were there as long as everyone else so I don't see why wouldn't they deserve it? They made an effort to show up and help and in fact probably invested more resources to contribute to down the boss e.g. idols and restoration potions etc. You doing more damage than another does not take away the contribution of that other person.
YURIAN wrote:2cd- We can kill any boss, we don’t need extra damage 99% of the time, so don’t bother to show up if you can’t come prepared. That’s one less person we have to compete with in rolls anyway.

Is that really a concern? More competition? Many need better gear and a lot of drops are going to those who don't really need it as they have objectively good gear already.


Ok so I get that you aren’t understanding the point, because you continue to make excuses as to why sub-par geared toons deserve the drops eg/qualified toons earned. So I’ll try one last time to explain things.

1. Your argument on using resources/time/etc is ridiculous. If you are dying and using items that much, guess what you aren’t doing? That’s right, helping with the boss. Just because you show up to a boss, doesn’t entitle you to a chance at the drop. Again, if you can’t come to a boss properly geared, save yourself the time and don’t show up, we don’t want you there. Let’s say you show up to a gele with a lvl 100 quiver, I have an eg quiver, and let’s say a void bow drops, you don’t deserve to roll for that bow, you didn’t even bother to come properly geared for an EG boss. “How can I come prepared if I can’t win anything?” Argument is also ridiculous. Epona has a free market. Buy it. You can find EG gear cheap, and gold is not hard to come by. Show up to bosses you do qualify for, and sell the items you win. Try to do your fair share, come prepared, or don’t show up. If we let just anyone roll who used resources and were there the same amount of time, people would be showing up with hero ammys and winning godly blood rings.

2. Yes. Yes. Yes! Competition matters, it always has, always will. Don’t be ridiculous! I’m not saying competition is the most important thing, the most important thing in Epona is Cooperation. And the majority of the server agrees it’s not cool to leech off other people who are doing their fair share. What runs a capitalist market? Competition. What kind of market does Epona have? Capitalist! So what if a toon wins a drop they don’t ‘need’? EG toons or qualified toons win drops and sell them, can you guess why? To earn gold. What does that gold do for them? Buy them better gear/items/lixes. What does that sold gear do for the lower level player? It advances them so that they can also start earning drops and doing the same thing the person they bought the item from does. It’s circular, that’s why capitalism works on Epona.

If you show up with sub-par gear don’t expect to roll, we don’t want someone leeching off boss kills and winning drops. That’s one less person rolling, and a better chance for someone who actually deserves the drop to win it, even if they don’t need it, they can sell it for gold which they do need.
Yurian Stonebow of Epona
Ranger-221
And some other alts of unmentionable levels.

Re: Subpar Gear = No Rolls?

#14
YURIAN wrote:1. Your argument on using resources/time/etc is ridiculous. If you are dying and using items that much, guess what you aren’t doing? That’s right, helping with the boss.

The reason for using those items are to have a shot at possibly wining a drop. If it took over 100 idols or what have you it would definitely be worth it to have a shot at one of the boss drops otherwise that wouldn't been the case.
YURIAN wrote:2. Yes. Yes. Yes! Competition matters, it always has, always will. Don’t be ridiculous! I’m not saying competition is the most important thing, the most important thing in Epona is Cooperation. And the majority of the server agrees it’s not cool to leech off other people who are doing their fair share. What runs a capitalist market? Competition. What kind of market does Epona have? Capitalist! So what if a toon wins a drop they don’t ‘need’? EG toons or qualified toons win drops and sell them, can you guess why? To earn gold. What does that gold do for them? Buy them better gear/items/lixes. What does that sold gear do for the lower level player? It advances them so that they can also start earning drops and doing the same thing the person they bought the item from does. It’s circular, that’s why capitalism works on Epona.

When I asked if competition was really a concern it was meant to be interpreted as a shock factor since I couldn't believe people are worried about dicing against someone else when said person already has good enough gear. It's almost as if they want to halt others chance of progress with better gear so they won't compete with them later on. It is extremely difficult for lower leveled players to make the gold to buy those drops in question.
YURIAN wrote:If you show up with sub-par gear don’t expect to roll, we don’t want someone leeching off boss kills and winning drops. That’s one less person rolling, and a better chance for someone who actually deserves the drop to win it, even if they don’t need it, they can sell it for gold which they do need.

This is an issue, if most of those drops are going to people who don't need them and are selling them for gold then they are the main ones benefiting from this. Can't make gold by selling items if you can't roll on said items.
Epona
Supernatura1 - Mage - Level: 153+
Full Frozen

Re: Subpar Gear = No Rolls?

#15
Did you read anything I wrote? Because you just quoted me and repeated your excuses. We don’t want leechers. Come prepared with proper gear or don’t come. That’s all I can say to you.

P.S. If you use 100 idols, you were basically dead the whole fight and surely don’t deserve a roll, basically another reason to get better gear.
Yurian Stonebow of Epona
Ranger-221
And some other alts of unmentionable levels.

Re: Subpar Gear = No Rolls?

#17
Supernatura1 wrote:I can’t force you to understand what I’ve said, if you really think I’ve repeated excuses? That’s enough for me to know that there is no point in continueing this arguemwnt with you.

Or anyone on the server for that matter. We don’t need/want leechers. I wrote the rule book and I got that consensus from the majority of the server. Again, you can view it, it’s stickied at the top of the Epona page. You can find this part of the rules under Section 3 (Bossing Rules), Article D. Look it up. No one will be getting to roll if they are leeching. Get geared and come back. Again, it’s not hard to earn gold, and you can find eg gear cheap on Epona. As long as it’s not the very best gear, that’s expensive.
Yurian Stonebow of Epona
Ranger-221
And some other alts of unmentionable levels.

Re: Subpar Gear = No Rolls?

#18
YURIAN wrote:Buy it. Loan it. Whatever, as long as you got it.

I’ll clear some questions up regarding the gear requirement decisions we made.

1st- If an amazing item drops, we don’t want someone who wore bad gear and didn’t do their fair share killing the boss to win it. If they were allowed to roll, let’s say they rolled 100, and I roll 99, they win, but do they deserve it? No. They wouldn’t have contributed nearly as much as I would’ve to that boss.

2cd- We can kill any boss, we don’t need extra damage 99% of the time, so don’t bother to show up if you can’t come prepared. That’s one less person we have to compete with in rolls anyway.

3rd- We don’t particularly keep people from rolling as long as they have adequate gear. If you show up to gele/BT/Dino with a low level item, go home. It doesn’t have to be the best eg gear, just ‘acceptable’ gear. Use your common sense, you should be able to determine what is good gear for each boss.

“How do you expect them to get better gear, if they aren’t allowed to roll?” This is Epona, it is not hard to find fairly cheap decent eg gear, so just get it. Go back to weaker bosses and earn some gold, buy some better gear and come back.


Ah okay. So why show up to at all if the only way you can get better gear is by visiting the auction house. Of course they can't get better gear because their gear is bad to begin with but they can't upgrade.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Re: Subpar Gear = No Rolls?

#19
YURIAN wrote:
Supernatura1 wrote:I can’t force you to understand what I’ve said, if you really think I’ve repeated excuses? That’s enough for me to know that there is no point in continueing this arguemwnt with you.

Or anyone on the server for that matter. We don’t need/want leechers. I wrote the rule book and I got that consensus from the majority of the server. Again, you can view it, it’s stickied at the top of the Epona page. You can find this part of the rules under Section 3 (Bossing Rules), Article D. Look it up. No one will be getting to roll if they are leeching. Get geared and come back. Again, it’s not hard to earn gold, and you can find eg gear cheap on Epona. As long as it’s not the very best gear, that’s expensive.


It's not leaching if they're spending just as much of their time and plat items to help kill the boss as everyone else. Essentially you're saying the game is farmsville until they can get enough gold to buy gear that's deemed worthy enough to get to participate.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Re: Subpar Gear = No Rolls?

#20
Zyz wrote:
YURIAN wrote:
Supernatura1 wrote:I can’t force you to understand what I’ve said, if you really think I’ve repeated excuses? That’s enough for me to know that there is no point in continueing this arguemwnt with you.

Or anyone on the server for that matter. We don’t need/want leechers. I wrote the rule book and I got that consensus from the majority of the server. Again, you can view it, it’s stickied at the top of the Epona page. You can find this part of the rules under Section 3 (Bossing Rules), Article D. Look it up. No one will be getting to roll if they are leeching. Get geared and come back. Again, it’s not hard to earn gold, and you can find eg gear cheap on Epona. As long as it’s not the very best gear, that’s expensive.


It's not leaching if they're spending just as much of their time and plat items to help kill the boss as everyone else. Essentially you're saying the game is farmsville until they can get enough gold to buy gear that's deemed worthy enough to get to participate.

If you don't like the servers rules then cool but no reason to trash talk our system just to make you feel better... Dom clans don't just give away free gear either and a lot of them say if you don't use a haste then you don't count... It's the same thing, epona doesn't say you can't ever roll if you come once with bad gear... Only, focus on what your gear will be acceptable for until you can get some upgrades. If everyone just sat and sold gear and never used it then there would never be any people geared at bosses and if nobody was geared the bosses wouldn't be killed, the point of the rule is most likely to make sure people are aiming towards helping the server and not just their pockets.
Image

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests