Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Regarding a lack of disclaimer...

Many have noticed the recent surge in posts on the Arawn section of the forums that have been considered to be dramatic...

I would like to make a disclaimer that all active players on Arawn would agree with.

These "dramatic" posts do not reflect traditional playstyle or atmosphere on Arawn. These posts have been made by, in reference to, or in regards to forum users that are either inactive, do not play arawn, or are disgruntled due to being kicked from one of the two main clans on Arawn and xfered away only to return to try and spite the server for removing them.

I would never argue that Arawn is perfect, nothing is, nor is perfection worth striving for. Everyone who plays an MMO plays for their own ends with their own goals in mind. Some play for end game, others play for the social community, others for horizontal content, and still for others other reasons. The goal of a server should be to try and respect these different ends to to allow them to coexist.
Arawn tries to fit this description. Occasionally there is a player or two who plays soley to try and dictate "the right playstyle" but I would argue that Arawn is much stronger than these small groups of players, and we remain diverse, and better for it.

If you don't believe me come by and try it out for a day.
Sure you may find some level 26 complaining that no one will give them gold, but the game just wouldn't feel right without that, would it ;)
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

Re: Regarding a lack of disclaimer...

Hey forums. A certain eg Mage is telling you all that Arawn is a happy shiny lala land where everyone coexists fairly happily. Lol.

I am in Res, have been for some time. I have many clannies who I admire and are like family to me...Because of them I stay, but recently...Damn it’s getting rough. I am so sick and tired of the same drama and bs. Listen. When the former chief of Res stepped down and —- took over (avoiding naming and shaming), things were good. Res was doing well, good sense of community and teamwork. Plus we started helping some of the lower clans with bosses, which was interesting.

Then all hell broke loose...*_* DS invited a bunch of ex Res, including some that have made a really bad rep for themselves on Arawn, and suddenly *boom* we’re at war with DS. Not really an issue as it’s a game and clan wars tend to be a part of that, but then stuff started going down in clan. We found out that one of our trusted leaders was selling clan gear, but despite ss and everyone knowing what went down...Chief went and protected her, she posted some bs denial statement, and it got shoved under the rug. On top of that, we have inactive old clannies getting gear out of a “transparent system” which keeps ignoring those who actually put in the effort. Kiss up or you won’t get DG basically.

Meanwhile, the war with DS turned from old school lock wars and arena battles into ugly ksing, personal insults, and total immaturity. I dunno what DS has been saying, seems like they mostly ignore it, but the things our leaders have been saying, and even shouting...Our Chief says on forums that he is respectful of other clans and that Res behaves maturely...That might have been true a few months ago, but it sure as hell is not now. I’m embarrassed when we’re at Sreng or troll, bosses we don’t even need anyways, and my clannies start insulting DS. The other day our chief even brought up a personal photo in shout, using it to make a nasty comment about someone’s sexual orientation. That’s not classy.

Listen, I don’t want Res to fall apart, I want us to be strong, but with an increasing number of our decent clannies going inactive because of gear bs or drama, what we have left are some immature kids who will do whatever leaders tell them to do, a few gear selling leaders, and a lot who are too afraid to speak up and risk a demotion or losing their spot in the gear line. We complain in whispers and in band...but when it comes down to it, we are disrespecting our own clan by letting a few make us look like a— h-les to the rest of Arawn. How the hell do you- Mage in this thread as well as our chief- post on forums about how great we are when you know we’re screwed up? We need to change some things before we lose more people. Not to other clans, Unit is inactive and DS is stuck in the DL spin cycle, but to other servers and inactivity.

It's time to stop with all this. Arawn is just a normal server like any other, just with a better reputation. Don't let anyone discourage you from trying it out yourself and seeing if it really is a good or bad server.
-THEONLYDICE, Chieftan of Cult, One and ONLY Cultmaster of Arawn, level 70 druid that sits in the castle all day,

"De wae is to merch until your stomach wanna perch and then you forgot that you're still level 5 with a bunch of lvl 190 lux...."

Idk how publicly ranting will help your clan's situation..?

You're literally worsening the situation. If it's that bad, get together with a few of your trusted clanny's who share your view and collectively bring up your concerns to the generals/chief. If they do nothing or threaten to kick or whatever (I'm assuming at this point, I have absolutely no idea what Res is like) then either leave the clan, switch server or suck it up.
A mage at heart... Fire mage that is.
Currently actively playing the game.

As a player who plays for fun and who has been on arawn for years, I've learned that whether clans work together does not effect much, as a dominant clan we will always have rivals and things to be messy. However choosing to claim to be in res then hide behind a different name other then choose to voice your concerns is not only a inefficient waste of time but disrespectful to your fellow clannies.

Hey forums. A certain eg Mage is telling you all that Arawn is a happy shiny lala land where everyone coexists fairly happily. Lol.

I am in Res, have been for some time. I have many clannies who I admire and are like family to me...Because of them I stay, but recently...Damn it’s getting rough. I am so sick and tired of the same drama and bs. Listen. When the former chief of Res stepped down and —- took over (avoiding naming and shaming), things were good. Res was doing well, good sense of community and teamwork. Plus we started helping some of the lower clans with bosses, which was interesting.

Then all hell broke loose...*_* DS invited a bunch of ex Res, including some that have made a really bad rep for themselves on Arawn, and suddenly *boom* we’re at war with DS. Not really an issue as it’s a game and clan wars tend to be a part of that, but then stuff started going down in clan. We found out that one of our trusted leaders was selling clan gear, but despite ss and everyone knowing what went down...Chief went and protected her, she posted some bs denial statement, and it got shoved under the rug. On top of that, we have inactive old clannies getting gear out of a “transparent system” which keeps ignoring those who actually put in the effort. Kiss up or you won’t get DG basically.

Meanwhile, the war with DS turned from old school lock wars and arena battles into ugly ksing, personal insults, and total immaturity. I dunno what DS has been saying, seems like they mostly ignore it, but the things our leaders have been saying, and even shouting...Our Chief says on forums that he is respectful of other clans and that Res behaves maturely...That might have been true a few months ago, but it sure as hell is not now. I’m embarrassed when we’re at Sreng or troll, bosses we don’t even need anyways, and my clannies start insulting DS. The other day our chief even brought up a personal photo in shout, using it to make a nasty comment about someone’s sexual orientation. That’s not classy.

Listen, I don’t want Res to fall apart, I want us to be strong, but with an increasing number of our decent clannies going inactive because of gear bs or drama, what we have left are some immature kids who will do whatever leaders tell them to do, a few gear selling leaders, and a lot who are too afraid to speak up and risk a demotion or losing their spot in the gear line. We complain in whispers and in band...but when it comes down to it, we are disrespecting our own clan by letting a few make us look like a— h-les to the rest of Arawn. How the hell do you- Mage in this thread as well as our chief- post on forums about how great we are when you know we’re screwed up? We need to change some things before we lose more people. Not to other clans, Unit is inactive and DS is stuck in the DL spin cycle, but to other servers and inactivity.
And who r u exactly? Why don't u post about the 6 players who left ds in the last 2 weeks to join res? Or why don't u pm me in game and have a chat? Either u say who u r or this is false and someone outside of clan looking to cause drama.

Actually after somethinking this is definitely someone from ds clan.. notice not one negative thing said about that clan even tho they took on a player who refuses to return stolen/lent items and stole numerous drops from braves bank.. but that's ok right.. this seems to be nothing but a desperate attempt to stop the bleeding (very cunning a deceitful).. don't be upset ds is my secondary feederclan now certain members I won't invite and you're probably one of them :)

Cas I got a lot of respect for ya...but I and others have constantly tried to get our voices heard, and you are very well aware of how tough it is. In Res only those in leadership are allowed to have opinions...And by leadership I refer to generals and the chief. All major decisions are made behind closed doors then tacked up like the king’s decree. The rest of us shut up and follow along like good little soldiers or risk being demoted.

I am not posting here to excuse my own decisions...I am posting here of because the bs about Res being the ideal clan. When I see a new xfer to the server is interested in Res, I feel sorry for them. They have no idea what they are in for. When our chief goes into recruit mode he promises them all gear, armour, respect....(kinda makes me think of the movie Gladiator for some reason...Glory and fame if you follow orders and use your powers only to benefit clan) The same people have been getting the best gear for years now. You have no chance at pushing through the years of hierarchy unless you suck up like no tomorrow and bs your way into the chief’s good graces.

Anyone who doesn’t believe me is welcome to look over the current wait list for dg, look at how many are inactive...How many are suck ups. EDL Offs are used as carrots to entice continued loyalty...We’re all battling against one another for seats at the gear feast. Once you’re in Res, it’s very hard to leave. I know my rep would be screwed if I left without first stripping myself naked of all gear. Over the years, quite a few have left Res. Quite a few of them were great clannies, always attending and helping. After they left though, the majority got a sh*t storm from Res. They are labeled as as backstabbing scammer by people who know they are not like that. I realize that in some cases the label holds true, but the majority of those who leave Res are not as messed up as is said.

My aim in posting is to show a different side of Res than what our leaders would say.

@Big D....I did not mention it as I did not think it was relevant. I never said that people have stopped joining Res. We still have a steady influx of server xfers and etc. My point is that those joining have no idea what they are in for. We all know you are getting people to leave DS by offering near instant gear. Slap in the face to loyal Res who spent months of grinding to earn the same gear. Stop trying to make this about my identity because you want to avoid the facts.

Cas I got a lot of respect for ya...but I and others have constantly tried to get our voices heard, and you are very well aware of how tough it is. In Res only those in leadership are allowed to have opinions...And by leadership I refer to generals and the chief. All major decisions are made behind closed doors then tacked up like the king’s decree. The rest of us shut up and follow along like good little soldiers or risk being demoted.

I am not posting here to excuse my own decisions...I am posting here of because the bs about Res being the ideal clan. When I see a new xfer to the server is interested in Res, I feel sorry for them. They have no idea what they are in for. When our chief goes into recruit mode he promises them all gear, armour, respect....(kinda makes me think of the movie Gladiator for some reason...Glory and fame if you follow orders and use your powers only to benefit clan) The same people have been getting the best gear for years now. You have no chance at pushing through the years of hierarchy unless you suck up like no tomorrow and bs your way into the chief’s good graces.

Anyone who doesn’t believe me is welcome to look over the current wait list for dg, look at how many are inactive...How many are suck ups. EDL Offs are used as carrots to entice continued loyalty...We’re all battling against one another for seats at the gear feast. Once you’re in Res, it’s very hard to leave. I know my rep would be screwed if I left without first stripping myself naked of all gear. Over the years, quite a few have left Res. Quite a few of them were great clannies, always attending and helping. After they left though, the majority got a sh*t storm from Res. They are labeled as as backstabbing scammer by people who know they are not like that. I realize that in some cases the label holds true, but the majority of those who leave Res are not as messed up as is said.

My aim in posting is to show a different side of Res than what our leaders would say.

@Big D....I did not mention it as I did not think it was relevant. I never said that people have stopped joining Res. We still have a steady influx of server xfers and etc. My point is that those joining have no idea what they are in for. We all know you are getting people to leave DS by offering near instant gear. Slap in the face to loyal Res who spent months of grinding to earn the same gear. Stop trying to make this about my identity because you want to avoid the facts.
Actually that's wrong I offered no one gear from ds just a opportunity to obtain it nice try.. oh and the list for dg well there is no public list so how exactly do u know who's next? Daggerstorm got last set (grats to him).. not a leader just a clansman who goes to bosses ALOT.. going to bosses is sucking up?

First of all id like to say, The closed doors and the tacking up of rules like a kings degree? That reminded me of the harry potter movie with the dictator that replaced dumbledore.

Second of all, bigd is kind of right in his very straightforward way. This post doesnt have any credibility if you dont say who you are, this could be ds or unit or whoever on arawn, god it could be a lvl 220 on Taranis for all we know. If you dont like having your name being known to everyone, dont post here because no one will care if no one can confirm the person.

Third, some people do just shutup and agree and play, because they just wanna earn their gear, make friends, and lvl up and boss for fun. Sometimes thats bad but you most likely have different ideals and wants for this clan that many others may or may not share.

Fourth (I wish there was roman numeral emojis), Do you respect me? :D

Hai Bob
Arawn- Invicta
SlyShadows - 220 Tank Warrior (Retired, Arawn)
Animosity - 217 Ranger (Retired, Arawn)
Noctum - 215 Fire Mage
Acrimony - 190 Lock Rogue

Proud Tank of Arawn