Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Super Bosses and clan cooperation

I’ve been talking to some of the leaders in Arawn. For the difficult red bosses there is a trend of a druid tank group forming and a DPS group forming. Of course the DPS group will always get the drop. And there is no telling if the DPS group will ever share with the Druid/tank group. This is not fair. One of the reasons is because the tank druid group may be using many idols and pots an may get nothing to show for it. Below are some ideas that have been discussed

1) The DPS group gives the druid tank group the drop. Basically, one of the lead druids in the group will take the responsibility. The druid will then, with the group’s agreement, dispense the drops in a fair way. Fair could be anything to giving the drop to someone who used a ton of idols and pots or the highest level at the fight. The ultimate goal is that the folks that get their armor will help everyone else

2) Stack DPS groups with druids and tanks. Also teams should be inter-clan teams. This may also work but it will make healing more difficult and has the possibility of a clan or team stacking to get the drop.

Neither of these plans are perfect. I like plan 1 because it is easier for druids to heal and the drops are distributed fairly based on group consensus.
These are some options that I am throwing out. They are not perfect but we do need some agreement on keeping the drops fair when multiple clans are working on a super boss........And trust me we will need cooperation!!!! those dang Red skinned deveils are mucho hard :o

Please coment!
Crom: Raven3 Arawn: Raven, Nightingale Sulis: Raven4, Rhianon: Raven5

Re: Super Bosses and clan cooperation

Doesn't every drop have a specific class it goes to?

As in Shale for Warriors or Granite for Druids?

I think you could just pass all the drops to the highest lvl of each class there, till they have that item and let it roll to next etc.. I know that isn't exactly fair in a randomness lvl. But it seems to me that high lvls are high lvls for their overall commitment to their game, this game. And they should get equipped first, since it will make the further groups easier to manage if our high lvl tanks have best possible armor. And high lvl dps have best possible gear etc..

Right now caster gear is kinda moot till update, but regardless, same thing.

I would suggest giving the gear to the class that can use it best, I.e highest lvl. And when they get it all the next highest, and decide on who those people are prior to fight, so people know. I would say everyone trade it to the Overall group leader or RAID Leader if you will, and then let that person dole it out or keep it for the person if they crash or something and don't return.

Listen it's gonna take AWHILE for everyone to gear up, but in the 3-4 weeks till this update it makes sense to me that we gear the highest lvls, it will make all further fights simply better if they get themselves set up. As long as they know the top 50 or so on server got them where they are and they need to give back not switch to an alt to gear it up, I am cool with it.

This only works if ppl are trustworthy, if someone doesn't trade it back to RAIDLEADER they should be unilaterally blacklisted, if they agree prior to this. The only time I would say to perhaps NOT do it this way is if all the highest lvls were from 1 clan, then you might need to pepper one of the items to the other assisting clans so you dont get a abcess of resentment start to form
Teaweasel 121 Druid (Morrigan, Clan: Avalon, On Hiatus)
Teaweasel 133 Druid (Arawn, Retired)
Best Build is a 30/30 in Thinking for yerself ;)

Doesn't every drop have a specific class it goes to?

As in Shale for Warriors or Granite for Druids?
Yes this is correct there are certain colors associated with the drops. Green = Druid, Red = Warrior, YEllow = Ranger, Black = Rogue, Mage = I don't know
I think you could just pass all the drops to the highest lvl of each class there, till they have that item and let it roll to next etc.. I know that isn't exactly fair in a randomness lvl. But it seems to me that high lvls are high lvls for their overall commitment to their game, this game. And they should get equipped first, since it will make the further groups easier to manage if our high lvl tanks have best possible armor. And high lvl dps have best possible gear etc..

I would suggest giving the gear to the class that can use it best, I.e highest lvl. And when they get it all the next highest, and decide on who those people are prior to fight, so people know. I would say everyone trade it to the Overall group leader or RAID Leader if you will, and then let that person dole it out or keep it for the person if they crash or something and don't return.
Honestly this is the best idea! That's how our clan Serenity (for the most part) operates. But as you said everyone has to be trustworthy......and has to not think about clan first. This is the problem. I am not like this...but some in Bada want drops only for Bada and some in Serenity want drops only for Serenity. To me your plan is the most logical and smart for everyone. However the clan domination spirit (which I abhore) is alive and kicking in many clans. Partially its greed or folks wanting to be updgraded ASAP. If I can get an agreement between clans this is the method I prefer. Of course i'm the higest level druid and a lot in Seren are high levels so the other clans would have to trust us. Some may be unwilling to do this.
Listen it's gonna take AWHILE for everyone to gear up, but in the 3-4 weeks till this update it makes sense to me that we gear the highest lvls, it will make all further fights simply better if they get themselves set up. As long as they know the top 50 or so on server got them where they are and they need to give back not switch to an alt to gear it up, I am cool with it.

This only works if ppl are trustworthy, if someone doesn't trade it back to RAIDLEADER they should be unilaterally blacklisted, if they agree prior to this. The only time I would say to perhaps NOT do it this way is if all the highest lvls were from 1 clan, then you might need to pepper one of the items to the other assisting clans so you dont get a abcess of resentment start to form
Opps, I see you responded to the one clan having the higher levels (still could be an issue though)....I think you bring up a good point that the agreement is made before the battle. Not practacal sometimes becasue of run-in players but a good point and it will cause less drama than deciding after. Perhaps the groups decide which character from each class gets the drops. Honestly I am not in a huge hurry to get armor. I like the slow and steady progress towards the goal. Which it apears as if this quest is designed to do. re: keep us busy while waiting for the update......even if it is delayed :lol:

A third option is for the DPS group to drop - but if one stays guess what. They get tons of exp gold and the three drops!

Also a horrible issue is that one player (Rogue, Ranger, DPS Warrior) can easily KS a druid team fighting a heavy. This is becuase the warriors usually die and their damage on boss is less or subbtracted from the total damage from what I could tell. Also even without any one dying our clan has been KS a half a dozen times by our own DPS players outside of group! This actually should be fixed by the devs though...but I'm getting off track.

The whole point is that Arawn is a Nice polite place for the most part. (Except some KSing players) Clans are for the most part civil with each other. On some worlds there tends to be a lot of boss KSing and taunting nastiness. We need to get along and help each other or we will not succeed....or not succed at least very quickly.
Crom: Raven3 Arawn: Raven, Nightingale Sulis: Raven4, Rhianon: Raven5

Well I would go for first method dps group gives drops to tank group as there the ones using idols and as far as I know on arawn there r only a few clans capable of killing bosses and in most clans only a few players that r of any use in a boss fight if people choose not to make there build suitable for taking down bosses then they should be at bottom of priorty list warriors like frank and kooks r prob top of list since a whole lot of them have changed for dps builds but without proper tanks nobody will be taking down any of the big red guys after that. It's the high level Druids I would also suggest that dps guys go out and camp place holders and rare spawns so that those elusive goblets etc can be obtained in quick time
Doing Magic stuff since June 2011

Lol Drizzt

I see this all the time and even from my own clan & even if I love everyone desperately it makes me smh, as a Druid you hafta switch Calm into your Boss-Fight skill slots, and similar to that DPS Warriors hafta switch Taunt into theirs, I mean hafta, in case Tank is dropping and we need to switch the aggro to recover him/her. Anyway, I see way too many ill-chosen skills from too many people, in these fights :)

Ok ok end tea rant.

Won't be end of my rant though :) dps warriors r a selfish build good for nothing but ks ing and earning gold it's a selfish build and no good in a boss fight and if we players who do have proper builds for boss fights don't let you in group simply because you r a hindrance rather than a help and then have you whining nobody will group with you ask your self why take a druid or Mage kill as they r built to help others while your build is to help your self
I have a Druid for emergency use pure healer it cannot even level itself and I have warriors ks it and then same warriors ask for help with boss
Doing Magic stuff since June 2011

Actually I found playing a DPS warrior must more difficult in solo play then a tank warrior.

I always think it's funny how DPS tanks ignore you when you tell them to finally taunt the target and they just won't! Heheh.
Selene (Mage) 134 | Xellaya (Druid) 110
Clan: Uskoci
World: Arawn

Actually I found playing a DPS warrior must more difficult in solo play then a tank warrior.

I always think it's funny how DPS tanks ignore you when you tell them to finally taunt the target and they just won't! Heheh.
I honestly think they dont have it in their skill bar, that and they dont read chat enough. I know I switch skills mid battle by casting a Touch and then quickly as the spell is casting switch the skill I need, but maybe it's a dead art on warrior?

I honestly think they dont have it in their skill bar, that and they dont read chat enough. I know I switch skills mid battle by casting a Touch and then quickly as the spell is casting switch the skill I need, but maybe it's a dead art on warrior?
Well I can't do that since I often play two characters during battle. :D Also, it depends how you are tanking. For the white wisp you have to run around so that he doesn't cast and you survive. Not much time for switching there. You should rather equip Taunt prior to tanking. Taunt and Protective Stance are the most important skills for a tank. But try telling it to a DPSer... :(

I think it's less a question of reading chat and more a question of arrogance. A tank I worked with for a long time never used taunt either (had a tank built though). It was really annoying.
Selene (Mage) 134 | Xellaya (Druid) 110
Clan: Uskoci
World: Arawn