Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Wisp Bosses: Some questions

Hey Arawn,

Posting these questions here simply because I really can count on my big toe the forum community voices that I respect not on Arawn. Much rather get the info from this community, from those willing to share it.

On the Wisp bosses in SV, I have seen experienced players direct the tank to stand inside or near to the Boss during Wisp Boss encounters. I imagine it's so the wisp doesn't spam-cast it's direct damage nukes, and instead simply Melee's (for the most part I know they still use specials). Is this correct?

Obviously, I know that knowledge is power, and if experienced players would like not to share their strategies, I sincerely respect that. Not trying to steal or pilfer what you have worked for...Which is why I figured posting on the Wisp bosses, not the others might be more acceptable since the info is much more widespread. With many clans engaging and killing them quite effortlessly (for the most part).

I guess it's a loaded question, but all I really want to discern is do the bosses cast less when source of their hatred/aggro is closer to them, and do you then use slows/roots for the purpose of keeping them close?
Teaweasel 121 Druid (Morrigan, Clan: Avalon, On Hiatus)
Teaweasel 133 Druid (Arawn, Retired)
Best Build is a 30/30 in Thinking for yerself ;)

Re: Wisp Bosses: Some questions

On the Wisp bosses in SV, I have seen experienced players direct the tank to stand inside or near to the Boss during Wisp Boss encounters. I imagine it's so the wisp doesn't spam-cast it's direct damage nukes, and instead simply Melee's (for the most part I know they still use specials). Is this correct?
Yes. It also works for non-boss mobs such as Bloodgrove and Frostroot druids. With cloak, my mage can take druids providing I can get in close and get them to hit me with their weapon.
Aoibheann - Ranger 87 - Serenity - Arawn
Beany - Mage 57 - Serenity - Arawn